What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wiring tail strobe.

Python

I’m looking at installing a flyled ( self powered) tail strobe in my flying RV 6, I’m interested in how much work is involved in wiring from the tail to the panel ? Also is it possible to wire it into my existing wing tip strobe switch on the panel ( it is all 12volt) to supply power ?

I can’t answer the first question as I used pre-existing wires on my -10 upgrade.
The second question (Can I use the same off-on switch) is yes.

I’m interested in how much work is involved in wiring from the tail to the panel ?

That all depends... Do you have a hole for wires to pass through the spar or will you have to take them under the longerons? Do you have a conduit down the rear fuselage? It is not difficult but you will likely have to crawl down the rear fuselage to route the wires.

Also is it possible to wire it into my existing wing tip strobe switch on the panel ( it is all 12volt) to supply power ?
Yes, that is not a problem, the power requirement for the tail strobe are low so should not overload the circuit protection. Would suggest a separate strobe and nav light switch.

Back