What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cardmachineworks E-Lift Pireps?

my experience

I installed one on our RV7a a couple years ago after we had a flat tires when away from home twice. Since I installed the e lift I have not had a flat. In my opinion, it is a well designed and manufactured unit. Other than a test after first install, I do not use it at home to change tires. I now always carry a spare tube and a pump, so probably will never have another flat, I hope.

I have a set on my RV-3B which is still in the shop. About all I can say is that it appears well made and was easy to install.

Dave

Just like the folks above, I installed them on my RV-7A, virtually guaranteeing I will never have a flat away from home (Just like the generator I bought guarantees we will never have a blackout in Texas again!)

I put them in during one of the condition inspections and it probably took 30 minutes to install both of them.

Luis

Thanks for the info. I like the idea that installing a set will protect one from future flat tires.

Cheers, Tom

There are more CMW E-Lift flying around the world than I ever would have imagined. They do actually get used every now and then, but not intended for everyday maintenance.

Currently there are a limited number of tailwheel versions in stock and the wait list is almost full for the next batch of nosewheel units.

Which

says more about the company and it’s owners that a PIREP would. I’m installing CME- E-lift on my RV-7 next month during the CI.

Scott

There are more CMW E-Lift flying around the world than I ever would have imagined. They do actually get used every now and then, but not intended for everyday maintenance.

Currently there are a limited number of tailwheel versions in stock and the wait list is almost full for the next batch of nosewheel units.

Failed Flat Insurance

Scott is a good friend. I think I helped encourage the development of the E-Lift after I had a flat at Grapevine (88AZ) and Rosie came to our rescue instead of meeting us at Yuma for a BBQ lunch. I installed one of the first customer E-Lift on my RV-7A.

I was surprised to have a right main tire flat at 2022 KOSH. My flat insurance failed me. The repair folks at KOSH came to help me with my flat. When I called they said they would send a jack with the crew. Instead they sent four guys, one with a bad back, to help lift the wing of my plane while I removed the wheel. Instead I borrowed a board from them to use on the ground and with the tools I carry removed my wheel. The repair crew as VERY IMPRESSED with the E-Lift and my preparedness. I think at least one of the rescue crew was going to order an E-Lift after seeing mine.

Sid (scrollF4) also had a flat at KOSH and inorder to fly the 50 ship formation his wheel came off with the multiperson strong arm/back method. We shared stories about fixing flats over beers. The next week I think Sid sold what ever he had for jack points and ordered E-Lift from CMW.

I hope the "flat insurance" works better in the future and I'm very grateful that CMW makes the E-Lift as well as the CQ-1 headsets.

Regrds,

This won’t work with a conventional gear -8, correct?

Sid (scrollF4) also had a flat at KOSH and inorder to fly the 50 ship formation his wheel came off with the multiperson strong arm/back method. We shared stories about fixing flats over beers. The next week I think Sid sold what ever he had for jack points and ordered E-Lift from CMW.

I did indeed buy an E-Lift as soon as I got home. It drastically reduced the size and weight of my flat tire go-kit. I also included a couple of 12 inch lengths of 2x4 and a ratcheting 7/16" end wrench to crank the thing up and down. I never travel without it. I hope to never use it, but if needed, I know it'll do the job.

The E-lift will pay for itself just by avoiding the cost of all the beer I had to buy for my jacking team (none of whom are named "Jack"). Actually I haven't bought the beer yet....next year.

Attachments

• IMG_9043.PNG
    IMG_9043.PNG
    5.6 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_9042.PNG
    IMG_9042.PNG
    2.2 MB · Views: 117
Back