What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Formation flying makes people do funny things

scard

Well Known Member
Advertiser
This morning, Tanya snuck out of the house sometime around 6am under the cover of darkness I assume. I wouldn't know for sure as I was "hoonnnk, shewwww, honk sheeewwww..." Around 7:20am I started to open one eye to start thinking about, maybe, considering the world around me for the day. When I hear a two ship pass directly over the house, southbound! I recognized the whistle of MY airplane, and it was working very hard to stay IN as I could hear the big throttle movements.

I leapt out of bed, and threw open the bedroom door in a mad dash for the front window. As I passed Watson's bedroom, he lept up as well, wanting to know where the fire was! I paid him no attention as I saw the offending two ship just south of the house in an easy right turn to setup for about a 1.5mi initial. I next bound down the stairs for the back porch with all due haste. Watson still sure we were all about to die with as fast as I was moving about the house for seemingly no good reason.

With my nose smashed against the windows looking back north, in all my glory, keeping me from running out onto the back porch (the CPU had spooled up just in time), I saw the two ship in the right break for runway 33! A thing of beauty indeed. I checked my phone and saw that Lead had texted me at 6:22am looking for the new fuel combination on the fuel pump. I chuckled. Obviously he was talking to the wrong person at that hour.

Clearly having the airplane at least very close to home changes everything. I didn't get to fly today, but MY airplane did, and that makes me very happy. It looks like it was a good workout too. We should have a new FFI wingman in the house in a few months. I guess it is about time for me to toss this RV8 project into the air?

2yzlbar.png

R U Sure ?

Have you talked to Tanya about that "MY" airplane thing ? Seems like she told me "YOUR" airplane was looking like an RV8 :)

Hope to see y'all at PBF in the fall!

Bill

She already is..

"Cookie" is indeed already a very qualified wingman (wing-person?). Her FFI card is just around the corner at the next clinic, I'm sure.

--Ron

Back