What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stewart Warner Oil Pressure Curve

N520TX

Well Known Member
Does anyone have the SW pressure/resistance curve or table ? I'm trying to program my MGL oil pressure display. The overall range is 33 to 240 ohm, but I suspect it's not linear for points in between.

I'm trying to measure it myself, but don't have the NPT fittings handy to hook it up to my compressor right now.

Anyone ?

--Ron

My data

Well I ended up collecting all the parts together to set up a test to gather my datapoints. Basically, I connected the transducer to a "T" fitting, with my compressor on one port, and a pressure dial gage on the other. I then connected an ohm-meter to the transducer. After several iterations of running the compressor from 0 to 120 psi while shouting out measurements to my better half, it occurred to me that I could record the process on video. That way I can play it back and freeze frame it precisely where I needed. I can't be the only one out there that needs this data, so I uploaded the video to my youtube account with the appropriate key words. Hopefully I'll save someone else some time. http://youtu.be/IrlXqanE6Jo

Back