What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nationwide Race Flyover, TX Motor Speedway, 3 Nov 12

Stu McCurdy

Well Known Member
Portions of Falcon Flight and KC Flight will be conducting the National Anthemn Flyover for the NASCAR Nationwide Race at TX Motor Speedway on Saturday evening, 3 Nov 12, at about 1833. Smoke On!!

Great job!

RV-flyover.jpg

Nationwide Race Flyover

Congrats to all for an OUTSTANDING flyover. Lighting was great for camera visibility. At first they were showing a shot from your 1 o'clock which was impressive, but then they went to a shot from your 12 o'clock which was really nice and showed the symetry and smoke. That shot showed someone out at the left rear. They panned the racing crews which were all looking up and smiling. You could also hear the crowd cheering. Just as the band stopped you could hear the announcer say something garbled "and Falcon Flight". Very well done. The smoke was hanging over the track and they showed that several times. You could see the smoke all the way to the south to include the turn to the southwest.

Sorry I could not join you, but it was best as I have been hurting this afternoon after our GTU Airfest 9-ship performance.

For the Record: KC Flight and Falcon Flight joined forces for this flyover. BeeGee from KC Flight led. Falcons participating were Pat "Glider" Tuckey, Ron "Shorts" Walker, Bobby "Luke" Lucroy, Jim "Flagman" Averett, Winn "Dallas" Harris, Jeff "Shiner" Jackson, Rusty "Rooster" Williams. I don't know all KC Flight participants, but I know Bill "BeeGee" Gill, and Phil "Ripper" Lamb. Perhaps BeeGee will fill in the rest.

Does anyone have the screen shot from 12 o'clock they showed?

Trifecta!

Nice show guys!

Great Show for "Vans/VAF", Great Show for Experimental Aviation and Great Show for General Aviation!

It just great to see High Fuel Prices, Ramp Fee's and TRF's can't stop us!

Thanks for "Representing"

KC Flight

Bill "BeeGee" Gill Flight Lead, Phil "Ripper" Lamb, Steve "Boomer" Stuckey, Keith "Jazz" Schult, Mike "Iceman" Reyes, Kent "Yobo" Yohe, & Dave Perry. NASCAR called me Tuesday after the race and requested our return in April 2013!

Back