What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Centre section hardware

Mikeandmaz

Hi,

Could someone who has a wing kit please advise me the bag number of the Centre section fuselage hardware that includes the NAS 1307-50 bolts. I’m building a slow build fuselage while waiting for my Quick build wings and don’t have the Close tolerance bolts needed to aid positioning of F-704ABCand D to the two centre section bulkheads. I believe they are included with the Quick build wings.
Hope that makes sense.
Thanks,
Mike

Inventory

Hi,

Could someone who has a wing kit please advise me the bag number of the Centre section fuselage hardware that includes the NAS 1307-50 bolts. I’m building a slow build fuselage while waiting for my Quick build wings and don’t have the Close tolerance bolts needed to aid positioning of F-704ABCand D to the two centre section bulkheads. I believe they are included with the Quick build wings.
Hope that makes sense.
Thanks,
Mike

Mike
Download this spreadsheet. One of the tabs is a complete 7(a) inventory
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k28OG3TpF0ll3elYOLhVlsQz8yyutMGE/view?usp=sharing

Mike,
The bolts came with the fuselage.
Center section ships with slow build fuselage.

Hope it helps.

Boomer

Interesting I'm building/built my slow build fuselage before wings and understood the close tolerance bolts came with the wing kit... I was going to buy QB wings originally but given all the delays on QB kits switched in Aug and still waiting on my slow build wings!+!+! They are supposed to ship this month after talking with Greg a few times on this... I hope so as I've run out parts and only think left to do on fuselage is install the windshield when it gets a bit warmer.

Inventory

Hi,

Hope that makes sense.
Thanks,
Mike

8 WING HARDWARE-1 *SUB KIT

BAG 1993-1 CNTR SEC. HDWRE MISC
AN3-6A BOLT
AN3-7A BOLT
AN3-10A BOLT
AN3-14A BOLT
AN4-13A BOLT
AN4-32A BOLT
NAS1304-50 HEX HEAD CLOSE TOLERANCE B
NAS1307-50 HEX HEAD CLOSE TOLERANCE B
BUSH BR-065X3/8X2.781 BELLCRANK BUSHING
AN426AD4/14 RIVET

Thanks Larry, and all other replies, that’s a great help. I’ll see if I can order that bag separately.
Cheers,
Mike

warning

Just a fair warning, those bolts fit tight. I had a hard time removing the bolts once i riveted these parts together. I would use lube and stuff. You might even consider putting the parts out in the sun and letting them heat up prior to trying to remove the steel bolts from the aluminum center section. Like I said, i had a hard time removing the bolts once the center section was riveted together.

Bolts

Just a fair warning, those bolts fit tight. I had a hard time removing the bolts once i riveted these parts together. I would use lube and stuff. You might even consider putting the parts out in the sun and letting them heat up prior to trying to remove the steel bolts from the aluminum center section. Like I said, i had a hard time removing the bolts once the center section was riveted together.

A set of Buller spacers and some hardware store bolts work fine for lining things up.

AN1307-50

The AN13-7-50 and the AN1304-50 bolts came in the No:1993 pack.

When I installed my wings to set the incidence angle I used store bought bolts and ground a taper on the end at the thread location. This made it much easier to install these bolts and then remove them afterwards.

Cheers,

The AN13-7-50 and the AN1304-50 bolts came in the No:1993 pack.

When I installed my wings to set the incidence angle I used store bought bolts and ground a taper on the end at the thread location. This made it much easier to install these bolts and then remove them afterwards.

Cheers,

I think i am going to do the same thing, but also grind a cup in the end. This way, if I have to use a drift punch to remove, i can protect the surrounding aluminum in the spar hole.

Bolts

I think I need to clarify my reference to store bolts which I quoted in my last post on this subject.

I actually used AN7-50A and AN4-50A bolts which I bought from an aircraft parts supplier and not your low grade bolts from a local hardware store. These AN bolts were a little tight but they held the wings very well. They also saved any damage happening to the AN1307 and AN1304 close tolerance bolts.

Another comment. If anyone is building an RV-7A check the 8 holes in each WD-721 Landing Gear Bracket for alignment with the holes in the F-704 Centre Section Assembly and that they are also big enough for the close tolerance bolts to pass through them.

The top 4 holes on each WD-721 are relatively easy to check but the bottom 4 holes are much more difficult, especially on a Quickbuild. I have had to modify all 16 holes on my WD-721's to provide clearance to the bolts.

Cheers,

Back