What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I’m impressed

Tankerpilot75

Well Known Member
Ordered a Wigwag switch from FLYLEDS last Sunday. They’re located in South Ybarra Australia and shipped it through DHL. The route took the switch to Melbourne then to Singapore to Cincinnati OH to Milwaukee WI to Myers’s Aviation at Oshkosh. The DHL driver called me to get the airport gate code. I called Myers and they gave him the code. It arrived this afternoon.

Think about it. An $80 switch, travelled halfway around the world, $29 shipping cost, and five days travel time. FLYLEDS and DHL - definitely first class.

You all may want to put IN RUSH current limiters for wig wag. Something like what perihelion design uses, CL-11 Amphenol.

They are called Circuit Protection ot Inrush Current Limiters (ICL) or Thermistors. Your lights will want to suck up high amps momentarily. This can cause a spike and issues. The current limiter will mellow that out.

I’m not very electrical smart which is one reason I’m having Myers’ install the switch while they’re returning my airplane to service after the prop strike last summer. So here’s my question: the current draw for led lights is significantly less than than the old halogen lights therefore, since I switched to led landing lights several years ago, are current limiters for wigwag led lights really necessary? If so why?

Flyboy in us is a dealer for FlyLEDs.
Got mine 2 or 3 days UPS ground for perhaps 12 dollar shipping

I got mine from Flyboy as well ... ordered on a Wed, arrived the next day via UPS.
Of course, I am in IN as well...

Back