What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Howto Downgrade G3X software

1bigdog

Well Known Member
Hi All

I wanted to roll back from the recent 9.12 code back to 9.10.
I though it would be as simple as just placing the 9.10 code in the Garmin directory of the SD card (after removing the 9.12 code of course)
and hoped it would recognize the different code and ask if I want to proceed.
It doesn't.

Are there other steps anyone is aware of to push lower code levels on a G3X touch?

Thanks

code roll back

I would recommend you sit tight and wait for 9.13

Hi Walt. I appreciate the suggestion, but since it's rebooted on the ground for me and in the air for at least one other poster I'd prefer something stable while the next code matures.
Any idea on how to roll back?

Thanks.

Hi Walt. I appreciate the suggestion, but since it's rebooted on the ground for me and in the air for at least one other poster I'd prefer something stable while the next code matures.
Any idea on how to roll back?

Thanks.

Just a thought, might try pulling power on the G5 and turning ESP off if you haven't already. Apparently, those are the items causing issues.

CAUTION:
If you decide to backload software be sure to first copy the config file to an available SD card. (See section 35.4.5 of the G3X Touch install manual) and take pictures or screenshots of all your displayed screens and config pages.

After forcing the backload (it doesn't come up automatically like an upgrade) you will lose quite a bit of your page info and configuration data. You can then upload your saved config file then crosscheck all displays with your photos/screenshots.

There is no guidance on what gets changed and what doesn't so a prudent choice is to check everything. This will be very similar to the initial configuration done on a new system with the difference being that some data will already be there necessitating only a crosscheck.

thanks

Thanks for the pointers to the garmin statement about the pending update of the update. And yes, I should have been smart enough to pull a config file before the update. I might have one.

And for reference, I don't have a G5 or GSA28 so ESP doesn't get engaged.
But I do have a trutrak which I had been playing with on the ground. The extra hardware/servo monitoring could be at issue but I have not seen a reference from Garmin yet about the spontaneous reboot, just the servo interaction. Hopefully they will close that loop as well.

Cheers.

Michael,
A while back I had to remove some newer software and install an older revision. I called the G3Expert Tech Support and they walked me through the process of removing the new. They send me an email with a link to the older version that I downloaded onto an sd card and then installed into my G3x. Good luck.

Michael,
A while back I had to remove some newer software and install an older revision. I called the G3Expert Tech Support and they walked me through the process of removing the new. They send me an email with a link to the older version that I downloaded onto an sd card and then installed into my G3x. Good luck.

Instructions and download links from "g3xpert" are all in the link in post #4.

Last edited:
Back