What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sell or trade-in GTN750?

Clipper1

Hello,

Anyone have any experience in selling a GTN? Just wondering if I'd do better financially selling or trade-up with a reseller?

Thoughts?

thanks,
Clipper.

You'll likely do better selling than trading in most cases. It's going to depend on the trade credit amount. Example, there used to be great credits for the Garmin 430 to IFD440 upgrades where it didn't make sense to go through and try and sell only to end up with a couple hundred more dollars. As of late I haven't seen credits like there were in 2019 and 2020, so it may make more sense today based on the scenario above to sell the 430 vs. trade as it may get you 1K to $2k more.

You'll likely do better selling than trading in most cases. It's going to depend on the trade credit amount. Example, there used to be great credits for the Garmin 430 to IFD440 upgrades where it didn't make sense to go through and try and sell only to end up with a couple hundred more dollars. As of late I haven't seen credits like there were in 2019 and 2020, so it may make more sense today based on the scenario above to sell the 430 vs. trade as it may get you 1K to $2k more.

Thank you!

It's like anything else. If you don't mind dealing with the headaches of the selling process, you can do better than trading. Remember, when you trade something in, the buyer is going to resell it. So, clearly, it is worth more in the marketplace than whatever he is giving you.

Back