What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

cover

bob dobolina

I'm New Here
RV-4 Does anyone have ideas on how to cover the opening in the floor that has the fuel filter, control stick and trim relays? Seems dangerous if something fell-in and could jam the stick.

RV-4 Does anyone have ideas on how to cover the opening in the floor that has the fuel filter, control stick and trim relays? Seems dangerous if something fell-in and could jam the stick.

Here's a solution.........

Attachments

• img704ac.jpg
    img704ac.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 136
Off the subject. Our RV doesn't appear to have a fuel filter except a strainer on the engine side of the firewall and the inlet to the carburetor. Should I look in another place.
G Harben
O 320
N12HR
RV 4

Fuel filters

Off the subject. Our RV doesn't appear to have a fuel filter except a strainer on the engine side of the firewall and the inlet to the carburetor. Should I look in another place.
RV 4

Sometimes they are placed in the wing root between the tank and the fuselage..... Also: Check under the floor boards (in front of the spar) where the fuel lines come in from the tank and where the fuel selector valve is. Some were built with no filters other than those you have found already....:)

More "hole cover" pictures....

Hey, Mark!

Thanks! I really like my panel and cockpit area. The panel took a long time to figure out exactly where I wanted everything to go but I really like it and would not change a thing! Steam gauges? I'm OK with that! It is now very familiar after 1200+ hours. The cockpit fits me like a glove! I have her apart now to make some changes including a Dynon 10A where the Rocky Mountain instrument was in this (old) picture. ADS-B is also being fitted. Meanwhile the Cub is getting some action!

Stick "glove": I made it out of a thin Naugahyde that was hand-sewn up the back. I made the initial pattern out of canvas first. The velcro is machine sewn on the back side as you can see in the picture.

The hole cover is incorporated into my center console (not seen in this picture but in the first one sent) and has a hole for the glove and also a fitting for the tank selector valve. There is a small spring steel stop that prevents the fuel valve lever from being turned to "off" without deliberately depressing that stop.

There is nothing I don't like about this airplane!!

Let me know if you have questions....

Michael.

Attachments

• IMG_2813.jpg
    IMG_2813.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2810.jpg
    IMG_2810.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2812.jpg
    IMG_2812.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2811.jpg
    IMG_2811.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 49
This is how I did mine.

Attachments

• C1EC81E5-252D-4358-B1AC-85231EA414A6.jpg
    C1EC81E5-252D-4358-B1AC-85231EA414A6.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 93
Here is how I did it. Included a nice slot on top for tucking stuff into.

Attachments

• DSC04080.jpg
    DSC04080.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 91
Back