What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

gregfuess

Well Known Member
Just received my first anticipated crating date for my RV-14 slow build wings this evening. It's a little confusing, though I am not complaining. Considering the anticipated delays, I ordered the complete -14 kit, and the kit order was accepted on Feb 25th.

The wing kit has an anticipated crating date of Jun 27 2022 - Jul 25 2022, or about 8 months ahead of schedule, while no other kits have a crating date yet.

This is 5 months, way out ahead of the anticipated 12 months shipping date for wings. No anticipated crating for other kits yet.

Last edited:
I got updates too, looks like they got full or closer to full schedules built. If you haven’t watched the latest video, that might answer your timing question, as they are moving to dedicated batches.

Yep, this batch production method might have quite a few people building wings before empennage, things might get spicy.

Watch the latest vid on the front page - I *think* what happened was they had a bunch of quickbuild raw parts ready to go to Brazil/PI for assembly, but could not find anyone to ship any of it for 6+ weeks.

So slow builders got them instead.

I could be wrong, or misheard.

looks like I'm getting my emp kit in May. Nine months from date of order. Here's the status report:

status_030922.JPG

Yep, SB's

I ordered my SB wings(14) early Feb expecting to have them in December.. they now have a crating date with the others in June-July.

I'm sure this also means they can get more parts to the build facilities, but we'll have to see how that translates into QB production.

Back