What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

$100 Crawfish in NW Louisiana?

mattwood

Patron
Hi, All:
My girlfriend is a LSU alum and LOVES crawfish. We live in the DFW area and I'm hoping for recommendations for someplace in NW Louisiana that we can fly, take a courtesy car, and get her some crawfish. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt Wood
Commerce, TX (2F7)

Buckets

Buckets in Pineville is right near the airport, and was good when I was there about a month ago. I flew into KAEX for other reasons, which has a Millionaire, but I think the Pineville airport has a courtesy car. My cousin is from Alexandria and we were at a conference, and he knows good crawfish, and he went to that place twice in a week, so it must be pretty good :p

Doesn’t get much more NW Louisiana than Shreveport, if flown into KDTN several times but not sure about the curtesy cars. Lots of season crawdad places to choose from!

Shane's in Shreveport

Fly into KDTN and get a courtesy car. Go to Shane's on Youree Drive. It's about a 10-15 min drive from the airport.

Last edited:
Not sure how you can make it back. I feel it's blasphemy to eat crawfish without drinking beer ;). Also with prices right now might be $150 crawfish.

Back