What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9A Goes Off Road

Vlad

Well Known Member
Annual Burbot Bash at Flaming Gorge hundreds of anglers.

Fire_Hole_2022_-_1_(2).jpeg

Ice is reported thick enough for hold an ATV and snowmobiles. It's very hard to find a stretch of frozen lake long enough to land without disturbing the fishing competitors.

Confluence_2022_-_1_(1).jpeg

Two years ago a fishing team complained on social media when I did T&G close to their tents. "We come here to fish not to be disturbed! Someone better report this guy or I bring a rifle next time!!" This year I will stay far enough. Today I don't shut down and don't deplane.

Fire_Hole_2022_-_1_(1).jpeg

It looks like this area is safe. Nope someone is heading my way let's get out of here and come tomorrow... :D

Confluence_2022_-_1_(2).jpeg

Fire_Hole_2022_-_1_(3).jpeg

6915B87F-AA33-448B-9827-79841E0D85E5.jpeg

Last edited:
Vlad posts

Always great to see the Vlad adventure posts, and to try and fly as much as Vlad does! What is going on with the engine replacement? And, are you going with the beefier nose gear for sand bar landings? :)

Sunday afternoon the competition to catch the ugliest fish is over. Winds are light and it's very cold. I spot the only group of anglers and circle over. All waved looks like friendlies. Landed and stopped honest thousand feet from any person or property.

Firehole_2022_-_1_(2).jpeg

Walked toward fishermen as I approached a lady pulled out a very nice trout. Your airplane brought us luck! Then another one got a fish.

Firehole_2022_-_1_(3).jpeg

A man initiated a frantic search of his pockets. After a minute he produces a stack of WY fishing licenses and shows them to me see we are all legal. I was still wearing a work beanie they sought I am an authority. They relaxed after I told them to relax and took an offered beer...

Firehole_2022_-_1_(4).jpeg

How thick is the ice here? Well, we don't know but let's measure it for ya.

Firehole_2022_-_1_(5).jpeg

Over a foot wow!

Firehole_2022_-_1_(6).jpeg

Thanks time to go sun is getting low. Hey take a fish and my son will give you a ride to the plane in his jet sled.

fish_-_1.jpeg

Here is my prize.

Firehole_2022_-_1_(8).jpeg

Last edited:
Dangerous living Vlad :D
And please do write (or have somebody do so) a book, with plenty of pictures, about your flying adventures, I’ll take one, thanks :)

PS
That new engine seems to be purring, nice.

I got several PMs about holding a beer can. It's all for the show no drinking on the job. Thanks for concerns though have to keep a stereotype :D

I got several PMs about holding a beer can. It's all for the show no drinking on the job. Thanks for concerns though have to keep a stereotype :D

Geez, and here I was thinking you were just a green bottle Sprite fan.

You might want to mount a snow plow for the front tire-view shows a little snow clearing might help from the tracks last few feet.

Looks like a great day for flying.

Mike

Last edited:
That's a Miller Lite!

What does Miller Lite and sex in a boat have in common?

They are both ******* close to water!

;)

Russki, glad to see you are still enjoying life!

We miss you out here in the northeast as well!

I hope to see you soon!

Mooselookmeguntic Lake will be plowed soon. Come out for a visit! I will inform Air Boss Steve!

:) John

P.S. Navigator Charlie is still enjoying that elk horn you sent him! He says thank you!

That's a Miller Lite!

What does Miller Lite and sex in a boat have in common?

They are both ******* close to water!

;)

Russki, glad to see you are still enjoying life!

We miss you out here in the northeast as well!

I hope to see you soon!

Mooselookmeguntic Lake will be plowed soon. Come out for a visit! I will inform Air Boss Steve!

:) John

P.S. Navigator Charlie is still enjoying that elk horn you sent him! He says thank you!

CJ glad to hear Charlie loves the antler! I will send him a bigger one when he is done!

Couldn't make your way this winter waiting for new motor. Man those were good days at Steve's Camp remember Rich's Birthday of 2015? :D

Bald_Mountain_2015_-_1.jpeg

Bald_Mountain_2015_-_1_(1).jpeg

Back