What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9 tire sizes

mbuto

Hello,

I'm new to my RV, and know nothing about tires, so I'm looking for some advice here. I'm tired of having to pull off the nose gear pants to check and often inflate the nose tire - (my mains don't require the excess task). I'm thinking of an Airstop tube for that reason, but I'm not sure about the sizing. It looks like an 11x4.00, but that seems to be an odd-ball size on A-Spruce. Can someone recommend a path forward here?

Thanks,

Mike

Port in pants.

The nose wheel tire pressure can be checked without removing the pants by drilling a hole through the pant in line with the valve stem and then using an extension to check the pressure and inflate as required. Even with a better tube, this common modification should reduce the hassle.

Hello,

I'm new to my RV, and know nothing about tires, so I'm looking for some advice here. I'm tired of having to pull off the nose gear pants to check and often inflate the nose tire - (my mains don't require the excess task). I'm thinking of an Airstop tube for that reason, but I'm not sure about the sizing. It looks like an 11x4.00, but that seems to be an odd-ball size on A-Spruce. Can someone recommend a path forward here?

Thanks,

Mike

Here is tube size you need for 6/7/8/9 nose tire.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/lgpages/aeroClassic2t_06-00716.php

The nose wheel tire pressure can be checked without removing the pants by drilling a hole through the pant in line with the valve stem and then using an extension to check the pressure and inflate as required. Even with a better tube, this common modification should reduce the hassle.

That method is in use for the mains. However, the previous owner suggests that it can't be done with the nose. I don't see why, unless there is something non-standard about mine.

IMG_3081.jpg

Air hole

Yours looks standard and our -9A nose pant has been drilled and works fine. I think the hole is at about 8 o'clock position relative to the axle, sorry I am not at the hangar to be able to check.

Back