What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ELT Audio Alert Mounting Bracket Modification

Meat

Patron
Hi All,

Fellow RV-14 building buddy Craig came up with a better way to mount the ELT Audio Alert unit. The plans direct it to be zip tied to the bottom of the vertical stabilizer. That'll work but make servicing the unit's battery harder. Craig designed a small bracket attached to the lower deck with nut plates. The Audio Alert unit sits alongside the ELT held in place with 4-40 screws. The bracket nut plates are easily installed with NAS1097 rivets. All rivets are squeezer accessible. Added weight is about 1 ounce. The bracket is quickly removable if needed. The DIN connector off the ELT attached to a DIN jack located on the bracket. Inexpensive, easy install, simpler maintenance, light weight, quickly removable. Win, win. If there's interest Craig can produce complete bracket kits with all needed hardware. I'd think many RV models would benefit from this. I'm still cleaning up the wiring on mine, but you get the idea. Contact Craig at [email protected] if interested.

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_6529(1).jpg
    IMG_6529(1).jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_6534(1).jpg
    IMG_6534(1).jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_6538.jpg
    IMG_6538.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 114
Very nice mount........

but another option would be to move the tone to behind the dash next to the annunciator and just use a phone coupler to connect the ELT.

Back