What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

avionics power requirements

prkaye

Well Known Member
I've been asked by Transport Canada do do an electrical load analysis. I'm having trouble finding the power requirements for my various Garmin avionics (G5, GPS-175, GNC-255, GAD-29, GMU-11). Does anybody know where i can find these? I searched the G5 installation manual and pilot's guide, for example, but didn't find these numbers...

GAD-29 and GMU-11 are available in the G3X touch installation manual, page 2-16.

G3X Touch Install Manual

GNC-255 is available in the installation manual for it, page 1-9.

GNC-255 Install Manual

G5 power draw is available in the G5 installation manual, page 22.

G5 Install Manual

The GPS-175 power draw is available in the install manual, which is only available when you purchase it. But the power draw was answered by G3Xpert in post #161 of this thread: https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=169969

Last edited:
Each of the individual Installation Manuals will have the detailed power requirements.

Thanks RC-Dude! One I'm having a really hard time finding is the current draw for the TruTrak Pictoral Turn and Bank...

Not quite the specific answer but would give you a good idea.
TT Digiflight II control head draws max 0.5 amps & each a/p servo can draw up to 1 amp
ADI Pilot head also 0.5amps

Last edited:
Back