What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair duplex in 8A

BMallory

Good evening.
I want to install SDS efi in my RV-8A. It appears the SDS requires return lines. Wanting to keep fuel plumbing simple I am kinda bummed about plumbing return lines. Looking at the space for the kit planned fuel selector I am having doubts the an Andair duplex with all the lines can fit in the kit planned fuel selector location. Has anyone here done this installation or have an alternate plan? Thanks

Good evening.
I want to install SDS efi in my RV-8A. It appears the SDS requires return lines. Wanting to keep fuel plumbing simple I am kinda bummed about plumbing return lines. Looking at the space for the kit planned fuel selector I am having doubts the an Andair duplex with all the lines can fit in the kit planned fuel selector location. Has anyone here done this installation or have an alternate plan? Thanks

I believe that the 8A is the same as the 8, and in fact has more room than the 8. It worked fine in my 8. Yes, it's a bit cozy.

http://www.rv8.ch/andair-fuel-valve-installation/

20060813183504757_4.jpg

Brian----you have to get the valve from Andair first, and have it configured for the way you plan to route things. Mickey has the 1/4 NPT fittings with AN822-6D adapters.
But several ways to do this.
Tom

Brian----you have to get the valve from Andair first, and have it configured for the way you plan to route things. Mickey has the 1/4 NPT fittings with AN822-6D adapters.
But several ways to do this.
Tom

Excellent point - I'm not saying that I did it right - get more advice from someone knowledgable like Tom - there must be better ways to do it now. My reason for sharing was to show that even a knucklehead like me can make it work. :)

You are lucky you have the room to make the aluminum lines.
I have an RV-6A and installed SDS fuel and ignition a year or so ago. I tried to bend lines from the valve to the back of the firewall and out to tanks for supply and return.
I gave up and ordered a bunch of Teflon lined Stainless Steel line, fittings, and made all flexible lines for all of them. It's like WOW no room to work with on a 6.
I thought it to be much easier than the aluminum lines. Secondly I burn Costco Premium in my I0-360 so now I have no worries.
My three cents worth Art

Thanks for the replys
It looks like part number FS2020 is the one I need, out of the 5 duplex valves Andair offers. It has 3/8 male at all connections.

Andair

Was able to rotate the valve 45 degrees and run the lines to the valve without 90 fittings.
Good luck!

Attachments

• 20160511_120427.jpg
    20160511_120427.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 98
Brian---the FS2020 is the valve, but you have to decide on the screw on Andait fittings. They come in different configurations---NPT, AN, Banjo----so having a plan is really going to help when getting ready to plumb things. The left side is usually troublesome, because of the tight confines between the valve and the left side panel.

Remember---you have supply AND return lines, so it can get crowded in there.

Tom

Was able to rotate the valve 45 degrees and run the lines to the valve without 90 fittings.
Good luck!

I'm sure you know this, but be sure you can remove it after you put on the side skin. It will come out someday.

Back