What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Suggestions on digital camera purchase

R

Richard Suffoletto

My Nikon Coolpix 775 just gave up the ghost and repairs are more than the camera is worth. I am asking for suggestions on what to buy to replace it. I am not a photo kind of guy. Just want something reliable to document my project. I'm disapointed in the reliablity of the Nikon. It was treated well and a ebay search turns up many 775's with the same problem so I am hesitant to go with another Nikon.

Thanks
Richard

Need more info as to what your uses are. Point & shoot only for the project or other uses? I've had a couple of Olympus digitals point&shoot's over the last 6 years and they have been great, the last being a C3040. The older olympus camera's use SmartMedia which is sort of a dead end. I like the CF cards and the SD cards better.

We just got a Panasonic FZ20 with a whole boatload of great features (12x Optical most importantly). Shoots great air-to-air from the hardmount on my roll bar with a remote shutter. But as a day-to-day camera it is pretty big.

Chuck

Canon Rebel that takes the SLR lenses, about $700. really nice. full size though. if my dad's around, the first thing I do is try to borrow his rather than my coolpix Nikon.

I have been using a Cannon Powershot G2. I have had this camera for 3 years without a problem. Although there are probably better choices for less money these days. :)

Back