What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oblong Gear Mount Holes

bkmerrill

When drilling my gear mount brackets (WD-1021), I guess I did not properly drift pin and bolt deliberately enough as a few of the holes are oblong. Not a cheap replacement (although I?m not opposed if deemed critical to replace). Anyone else experience this?

I don't have oblong holes, but now I have the 1004K's on and you need to temporrily fit the gear mount, it is really tight in the holes. Also, I am having interference through the outbord seat rail support - the tube down to the 1049 is contacting the support.

A little thread drift, but if anyone can answer both of us it would help !

Mike, I had to remove the weldments and relieve some of the seat box structure on my QB. Being matched hole, I bet interference between the weldments and that structure is pretty common.

I?m going to either replace or weld and re-drill the oblong holes. Just won?t be happy on that critical part unless it?s done right.

Spent an hour with the Dremel and fine cloth last night. Now fits much better but have heard that QB ones, when removed, are extremely difficult to re fit.

I presume they have a fast track assembly process at Bonanza ;)

Weld up and re drill is the easy way forward Brandon.

Yup, removing QB gear mounts is easy (to remove and prime under footwell floors).... refitting is doable but a bit of a pain... takes 2 people, a long wooden pole and lots of swearing...

I'm now wondering if we should have trial fitted the gear legs into the gear mounts whilst we had them off....:rolleyes:

Andy Miller

Will be flying 2021 :)
London UK

Last edited:
Back