What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTX 375 connections to GDU-460

carlrai

Well Known Member
GNX 375 connections to GDU-460

Rookie question here, hope someone with patience can help.
A bit confused as to how to wire the RS-232 connections from GNX 375 to
GDU-460.

This will be a single screen system. Referring to the GNX-375 installation instructions, the interconnect diagram on page 109, Rev 7, the RS-232 wiring is shown connected to:

GDU 4XX/37X
(PFD or MFD)
using two sets of RS-232 signals (in/out/ground) from the GNX 375

and
GDU 4XX
(PFD1 only)
using one set RS-232 signals from the GNX 375

GTX 375 to GDU 460.JPG

So my question is when using a single display, which connections do I use to get the most out of the GDU-460 or am I simply confused by terminology and should connect all?

Thanks

Last edited:
Rookie question here, hope someone with patience can help.
A bit confused as to how to wire the RS-232 connections from GTX 375 to
GDU-460.

This will be a single screen system. Referring to the GTX-375 installation instructions, the interconnect diagram on page 109, Rev 7, the RS-232 wiring is shown connected to:

GDU 4XX/37X
(PFD or MFD)
using two sets of RS-232 signals (in/out/ground) from the GTX 375

and
GDU 4XX
(PFD1 only)
using one set RS-232 signals from the GTX 375

View attachment 31080

So my question is when using a single display, which connections do I use to get the most out of the GDU-460 or am I simply confused by terminology and should connect all?

Thanks
Carl,

To start off, there is no such thing as a GTX 375. You are probably referring to the Garmin GNX 375.

You should use the wiring and configuration guidance on page 27-37 of the Rev. AP G3X Touch installation manual which shows the two RS-232 interfaces needed between your GDU 460 and the GNX 375. This page also shows the two A429 interfaces between the GNX 375 and GAD 29 and the interface to the GSU 25 ADAHRS.

Steve

Last edited:
Corrrected

Yessir, missed that designation error and all corrected except for the thread title.

Actually, pg 27-37 contains the GNX 375 interconnects and helps to clarify things.

Appreciate the response. Can now press forward.

Thanks Steve

Yessir, missed that designation error and all corrected except for the thread title.

Actually, pg 27-37 contains the GNX 375 interconnects and helps to clarify things.

Appreciate the response. Can now press forward.

Thanks Steve
Carl,

You are welcome.

You will love the G3X Touch system with the GNX 375. I have been flying with one for several years.

The GNX 375 provides ADS-B In (traffic and weather) to the G3X Touch display(s) over hardwire and also provides Bluetooth to any portable devices which may be used in the aircraft.

I put an Aera 660 in the back seat when I have passengers so they can see traffic/weather, and use a temporary Bluetooth link to the GNX 375 for this.

I may eventually run a hardwire link to the backseat from the GNX 375 to the Aera 660 so I don't have to mess with Bluetooth. The GNX 375 provides hardwire traffic/weather for up to 3 displays.

Steve

I have the following RS-232 connections from my GNX 375:
Port 1: ELT - AVIATION OUT1
Port 2: PFD - MAPMX
Port 3: PFD - CONNEXT 57600 (Weather and Traffic)
Port 4: MFD - CONNEXT 57600 (Weather and Traffic)
Port 5: GSU 25C - TRANSPONDER FRMT 1

For the single display, you only need the MAPMX and CONNEXT connections, but if you installed a GSU, don't forget it needs a connection as well.

Last edited:
Back