What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Infinity Aerospace Pre-oiler

Bart

Well Known Member
I'm installing the infinity aerospace pre-oiler and would like to know what folks have been using for the in-line filter, the one-way check valve, and the if you used a standard part for the pressure switch. Part numbers, or vendors would be awesome. Pictures would be great...thanks in advance.

Pre-oiler follow up

I'm installing the infinity aerospace pre-oiler and would like to know what folks have been using for the in-line filter, the one-way check valve, and the if you used a standard part for the pressure switch. Part numbers, or vendors would be awesome. Pictures would be great...thanks in advance.

Bart,

I know this is an old message but how do you like the infinity pre-oiler? How did you make the connections?

Thanks

I'll bring this back to the top.

I am planning on installing one of these along with gun drilling my camshaft in accordance with the Centri-lube STC (even though the STC doesn't apply to us).

I am seeking input and information on methods and materials. Pictures would be great as well!

Anyone???

:confused: John

I'm also interested in hearing more about people's experience with these oilers, and which model they selected for which engines (IO-540 in particular).

Well Dave,

I guess that I'll chime in. I just ordered my GP302-12L pump and AN fittings. Once it gets here I will need to find space on my already crowded -7 firewall for it. Looks like the pump measures 5"x7".

I chose it because it seemed to have the power to push the potentially thick oil that I would likely see in the colder climates that I frequent. I am personally doubting that I will ever need to use it as a back up or parallel pump to the mechanical one, but given the current thread that is trending about having a clogged oil screen ( https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=204866 ), one might wonder if something like this could have saved that airplane and pilot?

Additionally, JD has these ideas for the suction side of the pump.

http://infinityaerospace.com/Oil_Pan.pdf

Not too sure that I am hip on threading an AN fitting into a male threaded cap, but if I don't have another location to pull the oil from and if others did it before me... I suppose then, why not? What are your thoughts on that?

My engine is not in front of me now, but I will look at my Superior Cold Sump when I get it in front of me and think about it a bit more.

I am also wondering exactly where this should connect to on the accessory case for the oil return to the engine.

The final thought is where to source the other associated parts from, like the filter, check valve and switch.

Your take???

Last edited:
So, if anybody is listening... the GP-302 pump is one chunky monkey! I was overly optimistic about being able to accommodate it on the firewall so I returning it in exchange for the GP-301.

This means that I will not be able to use the per-oiler pump in lieu of the mechanical one, as it doesn't have enough pressure according to JD at Infinity.

In all likelihood, I will only use the pump as a pre-oiler anyways. As an aside, it draws less current and is lighter as well.

Question, has anyone else drilled their camshaft and would be willing to share their experience with their pre-oiler system?

https://firewallforwardengines.com/stc/

It looks like not too many operators modify their oiling systems.

Back