What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Numatx Set-Up - Please Review

Mine is usually set at around 45psi for AD3 rivets and around 85 to 87psi for AD4 rivets. I haven't noticed any bubbling like that on mine before.

Don't forget to oil it regularly. My setup is similar to yours except I have a quick disconnect right after the filter. I usually put 5 or 6 drops right in there before I use it.

Mine is usually set at around 45psi for AD3 rivets and around 85 to 87psi for AD4 rivets. I haven't noticed any bubbling like that on mine before.

Don't forget to oil it regularly. My setup is similar to yours except I have a quick disconnect right after the filter. I usually put 5 or 6 drops right in there before I use it.

Thx for the feedback - do you mean oil it like you would oil a drill? I bled it carefully, albeit managed to make a mess despite my best efforts.

Looking thru the instructions again to see if i missed something?

6.0 Maintenance
The NUMATX NXC-3 c-squeezer has been manufactured to give maximum service with minimum care. In order that this may be accomplished, the following recommendations should be followed.
6.1 The squeezer system should be full of oil and properly bled per Section 7.
6.2 Use only Dexron III or compatible fluid. See Dexron III safety Data below.
6.3 Keep the unit clean and free of excessive moisture, to minimize wear on moving parts.
6.4 It is recommended to use dry filtered air as a pressure source to the intensifier, which
will extend the seal life of the intensifier piston.
6.5 The system should be routinely inspected for oil leaks. Check the bleed fittings of the
intensifier and c-squeezer to ensure they are tight. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.
6.6 The bleed plug in the c-squeezer may be removed to examine the fluid level.
6.7 Avoid dropping any portion of the unit, as this may cause damage to close tolerance
parts.
6.8 Section 9 shows an exploded parts list for the C-Squeezer unit.

Actually I guess you don't oil it. Maybe they have changed the seal or something. In the maintenance section of the manual I have, which is dated March 2018, it says:

6.3 Using an air tool oil, lubricate the pressure intensifier daily, using 4-6 drops of a quality air tool oil. Oil should be introduced at the source air line of the intensifier. Alternately, use an in-line oiler.

But it sounds like that disagrees with 6.4 in what you pasted where it says to use clean dry air. So I guess you should ignore my comment about oiling it.

Last edited:
On mine it sets -3 rivets at 60 and -4 at 90 PSI. I am sure that all the air is bled out and it is setup correctly. I have the thick black hose and it flexes significantly when activated, so I think some of the pressure is relayed to the hose. If your hose is different I think you might get different results. I'm not sure what the expansion factor is in the flexible hoses. Of course my air regulator isn't calibrated, but all my crappy gages say the same pressure so at least they agree!

Thx all. Numatx got back to me said they do recommend oiling at air inlet to pedal. Not sure why they took it out of the revised MX section on their website.

It took me a few attempts to get it working properly. After the first attempt at bleeding the system, I never saw any air bubbles but they must have been in there somewhere because I could never get it to set an AD4 rivet completely.

Kinda lost track of the number of bleed sessions, 4 or 5 but now I set AD3 at about 45psi and AD4 at about 80psi.

Have not oiled mine sooooo off to the shop now to do that...

Back