What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How to modify the AWC Application?

TXFlyGuy

Well Known Member
I have an existing AWC App on file. It has been accepted. I now will be working with a different DAR, and the desire is to cancel the app, or modify it.

There are no (zero) drop down menus for this.

Does anyone know how to change/modify this application? This for the Special Airworthiness application, now done online.

Thanks.

edit: I have been advised that no modifications, changes, deletions, etc., are allowed. Since the original DAR selected refuses to do the inspection, that leaves me in AWC Purgatory.

Last edited:
Can you start another application? Just a thought.

Call Joe Norris at the EAA, he was most helpful during my application and he may have an answer. His phone number can be found in this webinar.

Can you start another application? Just a thought.

Call Joe Norris at the EAA, he was most helpful during my application and he may have an answer. His phone number can be found in this webinar.

I am working with a new (different) DAR. He and I have discussed this matter.

Here is the situation...

1. AWC filed with the FAA.
2. DAR requested, and selected.
3. The DAR now refuses to do my inspection.
4. I cannot file a new app due to my N number already in use on the accepted app.
5. There are no mods / changes that can be made.
6. Must contact the FSDO.
7. All FAA offices closed.

See my problem?

AWC purgatory

While trying to apply online for an airworthiness inspection, I was stymied by an error message (application already OPEN) in the AWC Applicant Portal. It took a few calls, lots of "on hold time" and then a couple of days to get thru the FAA hierarchy to the right person. It turned out that somehow I had created two applications (somehow, unknowingly ?).
I think Help calls are initially routed thru contractors. It seemed that they don't have access to the AWC database and can only perform a limited amount of "help" (probably per the cookbook supplied by FAA).
Well anyway, a really knowledgeable & helpful FAA guy (wish I could remember his name & details :rolleyes:) figured it out & canceled my original application and all is moving ahead now.
So what I was getting at is ... an application in AWC can be canceled within the database but it takes a person with the "keys" to unlock & remove it.

While trying to apply online for an airworthiness inspection, I was stymied by an error message (application already OPEN) in the AWC Applicant Portal. It took a few calls, lots of "on hold time" and then a couple of days to get thru the FAA hierarchy to the right person. It turned out that somehow I had created two applications (somehow, unknowingly ?).
I think Help calls are initially routed thru contractors. It seemed that they don't have access to the AWC database and can only perform a limited amount of "help" (probably per the cookbook supplied by FAA).
Well anyway, a really knowledgeable & helpful FAA guy (wish I could remember his name & details :rolleyes:) figured it out & canceled my original application and all is moving ahead now.
So what I was getting at is ... an application in AWC can be canceled within the database but it takes a person with the "keys" to unlock & remove it.

Yes! All is well now after sending the AWC Help Desk an email. They fixed all of the issues, including removing the previous DAR.
I am good to go now.
And it only took 12 hours to get it fixed.

Yes! All is well now after sending the AWC Help Desk an email. They fixed all of the issues, including removing the previous DAR.
I am good to go now.
And it only took 12 hours to get it fixed.

Heck ya! Glad it worked out! I have been really impressed with the FAA on their time frames lately. My AWC app was pushed to my DAR is less than 12 hours. Registration was only about 2 days as well.

Heck ya! Glad it worked out! I have been really impressed with the FAA on their time frames lately. My AWC app was pushed to my DAR is less than 12 hours. Registration was only about 2 days as well.

My registration took about 24 hours. I drove up to OKC, and paid a visit to the FAA offices.
Took them a big box of fresh donuts.
Had my registration in the mail the next day.

Those donuts were the best investment I have ever made.

Back