What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New to RV construction

Stick.rudder

I'm New Here
I?m just beginning my RV 7A build, though I purchased a second hand nearly completed empennage kit and wing kit. I?m looking for someone in my area who might be interested in being a mentor for me as I get started.

Thanks

Gregg Larson
Canton GA (Cherokee county)
Stick dot rudder at gmail dot com
Four zero four five four three six one two nine
Text or call

Synergy Air South

I?m just beginning my RV 7A build, though I purchased a second hand nearly completed empennage kit and wing kit. I?m looking for someone in my area who might be interested in being a mentor for me as I get started.

Thanks

Gregg Larson
Text or call

I would suggest you sign up for the next Fundamentals Class taught at Synergy Air South in Newnan (KCCO). You will learn a lot even in just one day and get to see numerous builds underway. Knowing what quality construction looks like is invaluable.

Mentor

Join EAA and attend a local chapter meeting. You'll find a Mentor. Spend a few hours building a practice kit. Drill it apart and reassemble. Should help a lot.
I would help another Larson if we were closer in distance.:D

I would suggest you sign up for the next Fundamentals Class taught at Synergy Air South in Newnan (KCCO). You will learn a lot even in just one day and get to see numerous builds underway. Knowing what quality construction looks like is invaluable.

I second this! The class and instructors are great! Even got to meet a couple guys that are currently building their RVs in the same hanger.

Canton, GA

Hi Gregg,
I built an RV6A and currently have 350+ on the Hobbs. If I can help in any reasonable way, even if it's just encouragement, let me know! I'm also based at KCNI if you want to drop by.

Thanks

Thank you for your input. I have been occupied lately with other weighty issues and haven?t been able to get back here.

I have taken the synergy air course, and built all of the practice projects.

I am an EAA member but don?t see a chapter very close. Maybe I?ll have to travel a bit to the closest one when this virus debacle clears up.

Looking forward to a fun build and on the job education.

Mentor

Thanks

Gregg Larson
Text or call

Can't Mentor but you have a great surname!:D

Back