What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"Recycling" a modern A-DSB transponder like a GTX 45R

Captain_John

Well Known Member
Do you ever really need to recycle a modern transponder like you used to do to the old ones back in the day?

I see that the GTX 45R has a power control on pin 38.

Garmin says:

The POWER CONTROL input can be used as a remote power on/off control. In most installations, POWER CONTROL is connected to ground, which causes the unit to automatically power on when power is applied.

The only reason I can envision using it would be for "recycling" purposes. Can you think of any other reason?

I am wondering if this would be useful to install on the panel or just a waste of time.

:confused: CJ

RE: recycling a GTX 345

+1 for what Bob recommended. The front panel power control buttons can be used if for some reason you need to turn the unit OFF or ON.

+1 for what Bob recommended. The front panel power control buttons can be used if for some reason you need to turn the unit OFF or ON.

OP asked about a 45r without a front panel. Mine are wired to their own cb just in case this need arises down the road. Had to use it once on the 335 when I got a fail on it

RE: recycling a GTX 345

Woops, I missed the R in the model description. You are right, CB would be the only recourse to turn off a remote mounted unit.

Back