What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Avionic spar pin ground switch wire F6262

Working on page 42MiS/U-08 step 8 it references putting on the F6262 (BLK) spar pin switch ground wire...can't find that in the inventory or anything about fabricating it...what am I missing?

Anyone else have this problem?

Also notice my kit inventory does not have any SB187-2 bushings in it that are needed on the control stick holes - that normal?

Thanks!

What bag are these parts in? (Avionics kit)

Update - also missing Q6300 and F6035 in the avionics kit…can someone tell me what bag those are in or where you found them? I’m thinking I may have not gotten whatever bag they are supposed to be in. Also noticed my AOA tube was only 4’ long instead of 14’ - assume that’s wrong too…all kinds of problems today. Have had great experience with the thoroughness of the parts so this is weird for sure.

Working on page 42MiS/U-08 step 8 it references putting on the F6262 (BLK) spar pin switch ground wire...can't find that in the inventory or anything about fabricating it...what am I missing?

Anyone else have this problem?

Also notice my kit inventory does not have any SB187-2 bushings in it that are needed on the control stick holes - that normal?

My kit was missing the F6262. When I contacted Van's about it, I got the following reply. "The wire is only 3” long with a connector on each end. Look at the harness again to see if maybe it got “lost in the bundle”. If you can’t find it, contact SteinAir and tell them you didn’t receive it with the package."
image001.jpg

My kit was also missing the 2 SB187-2. Contacted support and replacements were sent right away. (In my case this was an inventory error. We identified which bag they should have been in, but they weren't there and not listed on the inventory sheet either.)

My kit was missing the F6262.
Appreciate the info....So the wires that don't show up on the inventory are supposed to be in the harness bundle? Not in mine either. Figured it was a short wire but the specs of what it's supposed to be exactly would be nice and I'd just make one.

So you found the Q6300 and F6035 (other loose wires - maybe there are more) or were all your loose wires missing?

Update - also missing Q6300 and F6035 in the avionics kit…can someone tell me what bag those are in or where you found them? I’m thinking I may have not gotten whatever bag they are supposed to be in. Also noticed my AOA tube was only 4’ long instead of 14’ - assume that’s wrong too…all kinds of problems today. Have had great experience with the thoroughness of the parts so this is weird for sure.

Q6300 and F6035 were missing for me too. Both of these (and the F6262) should have been included from SteinAir (and not Van's - so they won't be on your inventory list). Thoroughly check your kit, and if you still can't find them contact SteinAir. They should get you taken care of quickly.

While your looking for parts, here are a few more that don't make it on the inventory list:
-Headset Isolation Washers
-All DSub connectors should have thumbscrews
-WH-00137 32" Coax cable, BNC/BNC <-- if you ordered Garmin ADS-B in
-CAN terminator for GMU11 <-- if you have a Garmin system
-X3 Connector Housing <-- Looks like this. pins should already be connected to your harness
X3 connector.png

My avionics kit came with two tubes. One was 4', and the other 14'. Both were listed on the inventory sheet. And I thought I still didn't have enough... Until I realized that for a Garmin system, you cut the tail kit tubing to a shorter length and then reuse the extra.

One more thing to look out for. 42MiS/U-26 and 42MiS/U-27 refer to a wire "L6029" that should be ran through the roll bar for lighting ground. This is no longer correct. This will instead be grounded with the canopy latch switch. (The electrical diagram does show this correctly, and notes this wire has been deleted.)

Last edited:
Appreciate the info....So the wires that don't show up on the inventory are supposed to be in the harness bundle? Not in mine either. Figured it was a short wire but the specs of what it's supposed to be exactly would be nice and I'd just make one.

Here's a higher resolution image of the picture I posted above. It contains the information needed to build your own F6262 and Q6300.
image001.jpg

For the F6262 - 22AWG, 3", black wire with a ES 31880 on one end, and a ES DV18-188-M on the other.

The entire electrical system diagram can be downloaded here. https://www.vansaircraft.com/downloads/#ElectricalSystemDiagrams This should include all the details needed to build any part of your harness.

If you are missing these, please give me a call and we will get you taken care of.

This is the result of some confusion between Van's and SteinAir about which parts and wires needed to be included with the harnesses and which ones were not. On older versions of the avionics drawing these items were not as well delineated as they are now, which lead to the confusion.

If you are for any reason missing these wires or any components please let us know and we will get you taken care of immediately.

Back