What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G5 Attitude Calibration

Rallylancer122

Well Known Member
Installed a couple G5s and trying to do the attitude calibration. I keep getting the "aircraft moving" message and it resets the 30 second calibration. Turned the shop heater off, let the plane settle for a few minutes, no joy. Anybody else run into this before?

Only other thing I can think of is the turn coordinator is running. Could that be causing enough vibration to screw up the calibration?

Aircraft Moving Message

Installed a couple G5s and trying to do the attitude calibration. I keep getting the "aircraft moving" message and it resets the 30 second calibration. Turned the shop heater off, let the plane settle for a few minutes, no joy. Anybody else run into this before?

Only other thing I can think of is the turn coordinator is running. Could that be causing enough vibration to screw up the calibration?

These units are pretty sensitive to movement during the calibration procedure. Were you performing the calibration outside of the hangar by chance? Even a stiff wind can cause this message to trigger.

Thanks,

Justin

Back