What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Touch Software Update 8.81 (4/21/2021)

g3xpert

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Hello,

We released G3X Touch Version 8.81 to the Software Download Area today. Please note from the list shown below that many system LRU's have new software. After updating the software in the PFD1 with the SD card, the display will reset, and at that time it is best to press and hold the Menu button while it starts up in Configuration mode. Go to the System Information page on the PFD1 and watch all devices completing the software update before taking the PFD1 out of configuration mode and verifying proper operation for the updated system.

There are a few frequently requested updates included in this revision, such as the transfer of fuel flow data to GTN (Xi) Navigators. Our primary mission is to increase the margin of safety for owners and operators of EAB aircraft, and we are very happy to also include a number of updates that improve system reliability and redundancy in this release. Several of these updates will be migrated to a GDU 3XX software update, which will be released shortly after this update.

• One of the most frequently requested updates we have received is to allow fuel flow information to be sent from the G3X Touch to an adjacent GTN (Xi) Series Navigator. This G3X Touch software update will make that data transfer possible. Updated GTN (V6.71+) or GTN Xi (V20.12+) software is required for this to work. The GTN Software update can be found using the same link provided above for the G3X Touch software. Once the GTN is updated, change the ARINC input on the GTN (that is receiving data from the GAD 29) from EFIS FORMAT 2 to GDU FORMAT 2. You will then be able to select Use Sensor Data on the GTN (Xi) Fuel Planning page. No configuration change is required on the G3X Touch side. Fuel Remaining is also sent to the Navigator using this datapath.

i-ktmJpmm.jpg

• Display of Rotax FADEC information in normal mode. This can be accessed from the ENG menu, by pressing the MENU button and selecting FADEC Information. Alternatively, press MENU twice, select Setup, Engine, and then FADEC to view this information.

i-cXrrvC8.jpg

• Added support for a second GMC 507 Autopilot Controller. This can be especially helpful in tandem aircraft, as it will be possible to install a dedicated autopilot controller in both positions. Identification of GMC 507 #2 is accomplished by strapping pins 1 and 2 on the GMC mode controller connector.
  • GEA 24 P Lead RPM Sensing. 24.3.5.3 of the G3X Touch Installation manual, revision AN provides specific installation guidance for this type of installation. A MOD 2 GEA 24 is required to make a direct connection from the GEA 24 to a P-lead for these purposes.
  • Provide DST data on GARMIN VHF NAV output, to an SL 30 NAV/COM. To enable display of this information on the SL-30, Press SEL while in NAV mode. Turn the large knob to the DST datalist. Press ENT to enable the display of DST data.

i-hZS2vxc.jpg

• Added 3rd ECS External Light Priority Mode. The new Switch OFF priority mode will cause the external lights to remain off when the corresponding switch is off, regardless of the current flash state. If the switch is on, the lights will either be on or flashing, depending on flash state.
  • Improved redundancy in communication between transponder and GDU. A transponder communicates with the G3X Touch system through a serial connection to the GSU 25. The GSU 25 typically already has a backup RS-232 datapath to the GDU in place for ADAHRS data redundancy purposes. In the event of a CAN bus failure, the transponder can now use that existing backup RS-232 datapath, providing GPS data to the GDU if the transponder is an internal GPS model, and making transponder remote control possible.
  • Further improved redundancy of transponder datapath. We now make possible an RS-232 connection from the transponder to a second GSU 25, in dual GSU 25 installations.
  • Fuel flow can now be configured in the Units menu, to display in pounds or kilograms of avgas.
  • Added miscompare monitoring option to PFD Configuration page. In a system with a single ADAHRS LRU (GSU 25/73), selecting "ADAHRS + SFD" will always perform miscompare monitoring between the standby flight display (G5) and the ADAHRS LRU. In a system with multiple ADAHRS LRUs, selecting "ADAHRS + SFD" will only perform miscompare monitoring between the G5 and GSU 25/73 when the system has been degraded to the equivalent of a single ADAHRS due to the loss of all other ADAHRS LRUs. If set to Disabled or ADAHRS Only, the G5 will not be compared with the GSU 25/73.

If a miscompare condition is detected, a CAS message will be populated to describe the condition. A miscompare between a G5 and GSU 25 does not disengage the autopilot, but depending on the nature of the miscompare, may disarm envelope protection on one or more axes, which is also annunciated with a CAS message. This feature provides confirmation that your G5 and GSU 25, which calculate attitude differently, agree on the attitude and air data values. If they are in disagreement, we flag the condition to the pilot, and prevent ESP from providing control input based on potentially incorrect GSU 25/73 data.

This is a link to our G3X Touch Manuals page, you can find the most recent revisions of the Pilot's Guide and Installation Manual here for reference, as well as several other helpful links.

Public Release Notes
• Add fuel flow/quantity labels to EFIS/Airdata ARINC 429 output format
• Add support for multiple GMC 507 AFCS mode control panel LRUs
• Add support for miscompare monitoring between ADAHRS and standby flight display
• Add ability to control transponder via reversionary ADAHRS RS-232 connection and/or redundant RS-232 connections to multiple ADAHRS LRUs
• Add support for RPM sensing via P-lead connection (requires GEA 24 Mod level 2)
• Add DST data to VHF Nav/Com RS-232 output format
• Add additional data to Text Out RS-232 output format
• Add ability to configure aircraft sink rate by entering glide ratio
• Add ability to view FADEC maintenance information in normal mode
• Add support for Rotax SCU 9iS FADEC interface
• Add canard aircraft map symbol
• Add Engine Setup page for normal mode access to EIS settings and calibration
• Add ability to enable/disable fuel calculator automatic reset of fuel-used quantity in normal mode
• Add config mode option to control display of trim/flap gauges on PFD
• Add additional GAD 27 landing/taxi light switch priority mode
• Add support for displaying fuel quantity and flow values in units of lbs or kg
• Add CAS message to indicate ADS-B transmit inhibited by pilot
• Add CAS messages to indicate ESP inhibited
• Improve heading display when true direction is selected
• Improve GNX 375 GPS data processing
• Improve GTX 23/33 RS-232 port configuration
• Improve audio alert output
• Improve ARINC 429 label output
• Improve fuel tank reminder
• Improve Connext data processing
• Improve COM and NAV radio data processing
• Change ESP to inhibit protection when a miscompare is detected and specific ADAHRS source is not selected
• Change Rotax FADEC CAS alerts based on updated guidance from manufacturer
• General improvements to system operation
• Includes update to G5 software version 7.10
• Includes update to GAD27 software version 2.50
• Includes update to GAD29 software version 3.40
• Includes update to GEA24 software version 3.80
• Includes update to GSA28 software version 4.90
• Includes update to GSU25/B software version 4.30
• Includes update to GSU25C/D software version 2.60
• Includes update to timezone database version 26.00
• Includes G5 boot block software version 2.20
• Includes GAD13 software version 2.00
• Includes GAD13 boot block software version 2.00
• Includes GAD27 boot block software version 2.30
• Includes GAD29 boot block software version 3.10
• Includes GDL39 software version 4.91
• Includes GDL5x software version 2.14
• Includes GEA24 boot block software version 2.20
• Includes GI260 software version 2.80
• Includes GI260 boot block software version 2.20
• Includes GMA245 audio software version 2.20
• Includes GMA245 Bluetooth software version 2.00
• Includes GMA245 software version 2.80
• Includes GMA245 boot block software version 2.30
• Includes GMC507 software version 2.90
• Includes GMC507 boot block software version 2.30
• Includes GMU11 software version 2.10
• Includes GMU11 boot block software version 2.00
• Includes GPS20A software version 2.40
• Includes GPS20A boot block software version 2.10
• Includes GSA28 boot block software version 2.20
• Includes GSU25/B boot block software version 2.20
• Includes GSU25C/D boot block software version 2.00
• Includes GSU73 software version 3.80
• Includes GSU73 IGRF database version 1.04 (Base Year 2020)
• Includes GTR20/200 software version 3.30
• Includes GTR20/200 boot block software version 2.30

As always, please feel free to send any questions our way. You can always contact us at [email protected] as well.

Thanks,

Justin

Justin, please clarify...

...allow fuel flow information to be sent from the G3X Touch to an adjacent GTN (Xi) Series Navigator.

Can fuel flow info be sent only to Xi navigators or to GTN750 non Xi navigators as well?

Thanks

Fuel Flow Transfer

...allow fuel flow information to be sent from the G3X Touch to an adjacent GTN (Xi) Series Navigator.

Can fuel flow info be sent only to Xi navigators or to GTN750 non Xi navigators as well?

Thanks

This works for both the GTN and GTN Xi Series Navigators.

Thanks,

Justin

I have a GDL 50R providing traffic and WX to my two G3x Touch units via Bluetooth on one and hardwired to the second. Does this new release support all the WX functions via the hard wire or is it still necessary to use the BT connect for that data?

... and now that I refreshed, I see the same question above ^^^^^

Justin, because i dont see it, I’m guessing I know the answer, but any updates on when the newer FIS-B weather products will be available over RS232 versus bluetooth?

For some reason I just dont get reliable Bluetooth connections between my G3X and 45R.

Thanks

Thank you for this update and in general for your interactive approach to experimental avionics customers. Is there a document that gives a deeper description of the improvements? The one I am curious about at the moment is "Improve audio alert output" - what improvements were made?

Hello,

[*]Provide DST data on GARMIN VHF NAV output, to an SL 30 NAV/COM. To enable display of this information on the SL-30, Press SEL while in NAV mode. Turn the large knob to the DST datalist. Press ENT to enable the display of DST data.

[*]Improved redundancy in communication between transponder and GDU. A transponder communicates with the G3X Touch system through a serial connection to the GSU 25. The GSU 25 typically already has a backup RS-232 datapath to the GDU in place for ADAHRS data redundancy purposes. In the event of a CAN bus failure, the transponder can now use that existing backup RS-232 datapath, providing GPS data to the GDU if the transponder is an internal GPS model, and making transponder remote control possible.
[*]Further improved redundancy of transponder datapath. We now make possible an RS-232 connection from the transponder to a second GSU 25, in dual GSU 25 installations.

[/LIST]

This is a link to our G3X Touch Manuals page, you can find the most recent revisions of the Pilot's Guide and Installation Manual here for reference, as well as several other helpful links.

Public Release Notes
• Add fuel flow/quantity labels to EFIS/Airdata ARINC 429 output format
• Add support for multiple GMC 507 AFCS mode control panel LRUs
• Add support for miscompare monitoring between ADAHRS and standby flight display
• Add ability to control transponder via reversionary ADAHRS RS-232 connection and/or redundant RS-232 connections to multiple ADAHRS LRUs
• Add support for RPM sensing via P-lead connection (requires GEA 24 Mod level 2)
• Add DST data to VHF Nav/Com RS-232 output format
• Add additional data to Text Out RS-232 output format
• Add ability to configure aircraft sink rate by entering glide ratio
• Add ability to view FADEC maintenance information in normal mode
• Add support for Rotax SCU 9iS FADEC interface
• Add canard aircraft map symbol
• Add Engine Setup page for normal mode access to EIS settings and calibration
• Add ability to enable/disable fuel calculator automatic reset of fuel-used quantity in normal mode
• Add config mode option to control display of trim/flap gauges on PFD
• Add additional GAD 27 landing/taxi light switch priority mode
• Add support for displaying fuel quantity and flow values in units of lbs or kg
• Add CAS message to indicate ADS-B transmit inhibited by pilot
• Add CAS messages to indicate ESP inhibited
• Improve heading display when true direction is selected
• Improve GNX 375 GPS data processing
• Improve GTX 23/33 RS-232 port configuration
• Improve audio alert output
• Improve ARINC 429 label output
• Improve fuel tank reminder
• Improve Connext data processing
• Improve COM and NAV radio data processing
• Change ESP to inhibit protection when a miscompare is detected and specific ADAHRS source is not selected
• Change Rotax FADEC CAS alerts based on updated guidance from manufacturer
• General improvements to system operation
• Includes update to G5 software version 7.10
• Includes update to GAD27 software version 2.50
• Includes update to GAD29 software version 3.40
• Includes update to GEA24 software version 3.80
• Includes update to GSA28 software version 4.90
• Includes update to GSU25/B software version 4.30
• Includes update to GSU25C/D software version 2.60
• Includes update to timezone database version 26.00
• Includes G5 boot block software version 2.20
• Includes GAD13 software version 2.00
• Includes GAD13 boot block software version 2.00
• Includes GAD27 boot block software version 2.30
• Includes GAD29 boot block software version 3.10
• Includes GDL39 software version 4.91
• Includes GDL5x software version 2.14
• Includes GEA24 boot block software version 2.20
• Includes GI260 software version 2.80
• Includes GI260 boot block software version 2.20
• Includes GMA245 audio software version 2.20
• Includes GMA245 Bluetooth software version 2.00
• Includes GMA245 software version 2.80
• Includes GMA245 boot block software version 2.30
• Includes GMC507 software version 2.90
• Includes GMC507 boot block software version 2.30
• Includes GMU11 software version 2.10
• Includes GMU11 boot block software version 2.00
• Includes GPS20A software version 2.40
• Includes GPS20A boot block software version 2.10
• Includes GSA28 boot block software version 2.20
• Includes GSU25/B boot block software version 2.20
• Includes GSU25C/D boot block software version 2.00
• Includes GSU73 software version 3.80
• Includes GSU73 IGRF database version 1.04 (Base Year 2020)
• Includes GTR20/200 software version 3.30
• Includes GTR20/200 boot block software version 2.30

As always, please feel free to send any questions our way. You can always contact us at [email protected] as well.

Thanks,

Justin

Justin:

So, still nothing done to improve the interoperability of the GNX375 with the G3X. My IPad can still control my 375 better than either of my 2 x G3X screens. As a PFD or MFD, it is quite sad that an IPad can fully modify before or during flight you entire flight plan. The current G3X software only allow you to switch to internal GPS to make VFR changes to a flight plan. We still have no capability to create a full IFR flight plan to include SID, airways, STARS, or full procedure approaches. All of these are easily achieved with ForeFlight and and iPad. The GNX375 will send update or receive update to the IPad.

Last time we spoke, your software engineers were looking into it. This was back in Aug 2020. Any updates?

Hom

GNX 375 Fuel Flow Sensor Information

Justin - I am I correct this will not work with the GNX375? If so, any plans to expand the software revisions?

This is something we had considered looking into next. I will bring this back up with the team for discussion.

Thanks,

Justin

FIS-B Weather Products

I have a GDL 50R providing traffic and WX to my two G3x Touch units via Bluetooth on one and hardwired to the second. Does this new release support all the WX functions via the hard wire or is it still necessary to use the BT connect for that data?

Good Morning,

Here is a quick update on the addition of the newer FIS-B products to the RS-232 datapath. The GTX X45(R) software required for this to work was released in March of this year. We have the required GDU updates planned to be included in the next G3X Touch software update, later this summer. The required GDL 5X software update is planned to be released later this year.

Thanks,

Justin

Just a data point, loaded up the new software yesterday with no issues.
Glad to see all the improvements, especially the G5/AHRS compare.
Customers with GTN's will love the new fuel management page now available.

Justin & Team -

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

I've been asking/begging for the Fuel Flow data path update since Late 2018 -- I continued to get the canned "You don't need it, the G3X is superior..." response.

I started looking at ways to disable the GTN Fuel "nag" screen at startup or using the G3X RS-232 Text out and running it through a Arduino RS-232 to RS-232 to do the conversion to Shadin.

Good Morning,

The GTX X45(R) software required for this to work was released in March of this year.
Justin,

What's the version number of that new transponder software, and does "X45R" include the GTX-45R?

Thanks,

Dave

Fuel Flow

Justin & Team -

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

I've been asking/begging for the Fuel Flow data path update since Late 2018 -- I continued to get the canned "You don't need it, the G3X is superior..." response.

I started looking at ways to disable the GTN Fuel "nag" screen at startup or using the G3X RS-232 Text out and running it through a Arduino RS-232 to RS-232 to do the conversion to Shadin.

Brian,

Glad to hear you are excited about using this, it is a nice expansion of the integration between the two pieces of equipment. It is always helpful to have such great feedback from the fleet to help drive our development, it was a team effort!

Thanks,

Justin

GTX Transponder Software Level

Justin,

What's the version number of that new transponder software, and does "X45R" include the GTX-45R?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes this includes the GTX 45R transponder. Software version 2.60 is the most recent revision.

Thanks,

Justin

GTX 45R Software Updates

Hi Dave,

Yes this includes the GTX 45R transponder. Software version 2.60 is the most recent revision.

Thanks,

Justin

Now if you would only make it possible for us to update the software in the GTX 45R ourselves, using a laptop and the USB cable I installed (pins 44, 2, 24, 45) I would be a much happier customer!

Thanks

Thank you Justin!

Now if you would only make it possible for us to update the software in the GTX 45R ourselves, using a laptop and the USB cable I installed (pins 44, 2, 24, 45) I would be a much happier customer!
+1 on Dave's request. We can update software in our certified GTNs, why not our GTXs as well? Would also be good to have a resource, maybe a webpage, that shows compatible software versions between G3X, GTN, GTX and other Garmin E-AB boxes.

Dave

Last edited:
Great, lots of neat new stuff!

But, when are you going to improve the AP TRK depiction/dashed line on the G3X display when setting a track? It is still flimsy, almost indiscernable while the HDG line is bright and clear?

Loaded this up yesterday, no issues. I also really like the GTN Fuel Management integration. I have always ignored it, now having it synced with the G3X makes it a useful option. Thanks!

Odd result when updating to 8.81

I did the 8.81 update this weekend. Everything seemed to go ok, except that the update seemed to get stuck in a loop of displaying something like "Updating Txp Config" and then normal status/callsign in the transponder control display button. It went on for several minutes, so I cycled power - everything seems to work ok and all the checkboxes are green in the config mode system information page. Anyone else have a similar experience?

On the bright side, it's really cool to have the G3X talking to the GTN fuel planning page and seeing actual fuel remaining at GTN bootup. :)

Dave

error message

Have loaded the new software when it rebooted a error message cam up. LRU file missing or corrupted reload SD card. brought card home for mated it and reloaded the software. Back to hanger and inserted card and booted up. No change. Can I reverse the software update some how?
Tom

I did the 8.81 update this weekend. Everything seemed to go ok, except that the update seemed to get stuck in a loop of displaying something like "Updating Txp Config" and then normal status/callsign in the transponder control display button. It went on for several minutes, so I cycled power - everything seems to work ok and all the checkboxes are green in the config mode system information page. Anyone else have a similar experience?

On the bright side, it's really cool to have the G3X talking to the GTN fuel planning page and seeing actual fuel remaining at GTN bootup. :)

Dave

Mine hung up on the XPDR update as well (GTX45R). It appeared to be the last one to update, and I finally rebooted after an hour or two.

All was fine after the reboot.

LRU Message

Have loaded the new software when it rebooted a error message cam up. LRU file missing or corrupted reload SD card. brought card home for mated it and reloaded the software. Back to hanger and inserted card and booted up. No change. Can I reverse the software update some how?
Tom

Hi Tom,

Would you mind sending us a photo of the message you are seeing so we can help get it sorted out? Our email address is [email protected].

Thanks,

Justin

Installed updates, no issues. Still get the GTN Fuel “nag” screen, but now that it’s populated with useful information, I like it.

I can't wait to try it out. Airplane is down for painting for a while...

I did the update this week, all ok except the elevator trim display disappeared. It has previously persistently been displayed on the main PFD display, approximately below the airspeed tape. It now shows on the engine info page... Does this make any sense that this happened? I didn't get a chance to go into the configuration to see where I can change it back to always display on the the main screen.

I did the update this week, all ok except the elevator trim display disappeared. It has previously persistently been displayed on the main PFD display, approximately below the airspeed tape. It now shows on the engine info page... Does this make any sense that this happened? I didn't get a chance to go into the configuration to see where I can change it back to always display on the the main screen.
I had the same thing happen. I installed this update and then the PFD did not show my trim and flap positions. I searched and found this recent thread* about how to re-enable them, although they disappeared for a different reason in that situation. I have not been back to the plane to check it out, but maybe this will work. Touch the HSI, then More Options, and then scroll to the bottom.

* - https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=194327

I had the same thing happen. I installed this update and then the PFD did not show my trim and flap positions. I searched and found this recent thread* about how to re-enable them, although they disappeared for a different reason in that situation. I have not been back to the plane to check it out, but maybe this will work. Touch the HSI, then More Options, and then scroll to the bottom.

* - https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=194327

Thanks, will try it!

Thanks, will try it!

I went for a flight this evening and didn’t see anything in the place described in that thread. So at present I only see my trim and flap position information on the MFD Engine page, not on the PFD where I had configured them. In case Garmin is reading, I have a VP-X for the flap and trim position sensors and it worked fine before this update, showing their positions on the PFD. I’ll have to spend some time in configuration mode and/or the manual to see if I can find anything helpful.

Interrupted software update

g3xpert the 8.81 software update was interrupted and I'm now getting an AP fail indication on my PFD. Is there a way to force a complete re-install of the 8.81 software across all the LRU's?

Also the G3X software loaded to the SD card perfectly BUT the GTN 6XX/7XX version 6.71 software won't load and a pop up saying must run as administrator pops up and the whole process halts (I'm using a separate card for each update). I am already running in administrator mode and am using windows 10. Any work-arounds?

Thank you
Bob

Last edited:
Does the Nav Data (approach charts) update for my GTN 650 also update the G3X, or do I need separate nav data in the G3X to update the charts - frequencies?

Thanks,
Gary

Does the Nav Data (approach charts) update for my GTN 650 also update the G3X, or do I need separate nav data in the G3X to update the charts - frequencies?

Thanks,
Gary

The database bundles are separate for the G3X/GTN, the full 'bundle' (includes everything) will do all the G3X screens, look for the one that costs $149 yr.

Trim/Flap Position Display

I went for a flight this evening and didn’t see anything in the place described in that thread. So at present I only see my trim and flap position information on the MFD Engine page, not on the PFD where I had configured them. In case Garmin is reading, I have a VP-X for the flap and trim position sensors and it worked fine before this update, showing their positions on the PFD. I’ll have to spend some time in configuration mode and/or the manual to see if I can find anything helpful.

Power the G3X Touch up in configuration mode, and select the PFD menu. There is a setting titled Tim/Flap Position Display. Make sure this is set to User Selected.

Thanks,

Justin

AP Fail

g3xpert the 8.81 software update was interrupted and I'm now getting an AP fail indication on my PFD. Is there a way to force a complete re-install of the 8.81 software across all the LRU's?

Also the G3X software loaded to the SD card perfectly BUT the GTN 6XX/7XX version 6.71 software won't load and a pop up saying must run as administrator pops up and the whole process halts (I'm using a separate card for each update). I am already running in administrator mode and am using windows 10. Any work-arounds?

Thank you
Bob

Hi Bob,

Please send us some screenshots of the information displayed for all GSA 28 servos, and the GMC mode controller on the System Information page in Configuration mode, this should require 3 or 4 screenshots to capture everything. That should help us determine what is flagging the AP fault, and help you get it back up and running.

It sounds like something on your PC may be preventing the .exe file from running. Our Pilot Operations group often helps work through these problems, it may be helpful to give them a call at 1-866-739-5687.

Thanks,

Justin

Power the G3X Touch up in configuration mode, and select the PFD menu. There is a setting titled Tim/Flap Position Display. Make sure this is set to User Selected.

Thanks,

Justin

I did this, and it was configured "disabled". Somehow the software update changed that. The elevator trim position indicator is back on the display again.

So where exactly in the GTN650 config menu do we enable the fuel crossfill? I got the v8.81 installed, and activated the PFD, SFD cross reference (it was enabled by default), but can’t seem to get the GTN650 fuel reference to work.

Can we get detailed, step by step instructions on where to find the options described above?

Thanks!

So where exactly in the GTN650 config menu do we enable the fuel crossfill? I got the v8.81 installed, and activated the PFD, SFD cross reference (it was enabled by default), but can’t seem to get the GTN650 fuel reference to work.

Can we get detailed, step by step instructions on where to find the options described above?

Thanks!

Update the firmware in the GTN to version 6.71 -- instructions here: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=12529

Once complete, boot the GTN in configuration mode -- Home + Power On.
Go to ARINC 429 configuration, ensure that ARINC 429 In 1 (*) is set to GDU/Airdata Format 2(**). Low Speed

Similarly on the G3X Touch, ensure that the ARINC 429 Output 1 (*) is set to EFIS/Airdata Format 2(**).

* = ARINC 429 port that the device is connected to.
** = Unclear from the G3X Install Guide revision AN documentation if the new fuel mass flow and fuel mass labels are transmitted in the Format 1 or Format 2 data streams.

Side bar --
G3Xpert -- The rev. AN install guide has only one reference to EFIS/Airdata Format 2 - on Page 35-136; All of the interconnect examples show EFIS/Airdata Format 1. It would be nice for all this to match, also have details on the different format contents.

Last edited:
Did anyone get an "Engine Interface Configuration Error" after the update?

IMG_0041.png
IMG_0042.png

Last edited:
RS232 configuration updates

Just curious if the available RS232 configuration options have been expanded for additional ports? I am looking for an "aviation" protocol on a GDU 4xx RS232 port. Cant seem to find one

I changed my GTN to GDU Format 2 today and noticed that the Fuel Range and Fuel reserve ring showed up. I also now have a white ring that shows up with hatched marking around the edge. Does anyone know what this is?

TIA!

This is a picture showing the ring with the perpendicular lines on the inner part of it. It's not a range ring as that is show here also.

Attachments

• IMG_088BBCD1F555-1.jpg
    IMG_088BBCD1F555-1.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 114
Back