What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap Controls with Dynon

JohnD.TF4

Greetings all!

I am helping out with an RV-8A restoration project to include a full avionics retrofit. We'd like to add a flap control system that functions like the Showplanes type FPS systems.

In case anyone is not familiar, this system uses one touch of a button or momentary switch and will automatically deploy or retract flap to a pre-programmed position.

Does anyone know if this can be accomplished through Dynon? We are installing a full Dynon HDX system with EMS.

Thanks!

I don't believe so. I have the Skyview, but the flaps are controlled as you indicate by the Vertical Power VP-X box. With that you can select how you want the flap controls to work (intermittent or preset). The Skyview will display flap position if you set up a Ray Allen POS-12 on your flaps. The Advanced Flight Systems ACM also can do this.

The Advanced-Dynon Advanced Control Module with electronic circuit breakers has flap positioning control and makes all the avionics plug and play.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems - Dynon Avionics

UPdate

The Advanced-Dynon Advanced Control Module with electronic circuit breakers has flap positioning control and makes all the avionics plug and play.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems - Dynon Avionics

Is there a trade-up program from the original fuse based ACM to the electronic CB version?

Aircraft Extras FPS

I have a new, never installed FPS Plus nt with install paperwork. $75 plus shipping

Don Broussard
RV9 Rebuild in Progress
57 Pacer

Last edited:
Aircraft Extras Flap Positioner

FPS Plus nt

Attachments

• F0405A2A-AC04-4044-AF86-149ADB63F7A3.jpg
    F0405A2A-AC04-4044-AF86-149ADB63F7A3.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 133
Flap soft switches

Do you have touchscreen buttons for flaps up and down”. If so how did you turn them on? I have ACM with HDX and the Advanced manual says you can have soft buttons on the screen in addition to stick or panel switches. I don’t. Under ACM setup I can find flap switches and they are set to OFF and not be toggled to ON. Sometimes I have intermittent power to flaps rocker switch and so I’d like to check the onscreen buttons.

RE: Flap soft switches

Please call Advanced Flight. They, and their forum, are very helpful. Have you reviewed the AF installation manual? It is available on their website.

I recently discovered very poor micro molex crimps on the signal wires for the Ray Allen POS-12 sensor which gave me intermittent flap position signal.

Back