What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

6" Inflator Valve Extension - Offer & Pricing

HFS

Well Known Member
This post was "buried" in another thread - and I think maybe it got "lost", so I am going to post is again as a New Thread:

Not here to debate the + & - of adding air to main gear tires w/o removing the front half of the WP. Only that I do it, and am offering the following (till I run out - 5 left now) inflator valve extensions @ my cost + shipping (~$5.00). I am also including the P/N's & vendors where I obtained my parts - total cost <$10.00.

1. Tire Chuck, Brass/Steel: Vendor: Zoro P/N G2143127 or Grainger P/N 1KUH2
Both under $5.00

2. 6" x 1/8 NPT Brass Pipe Nipple: Amazon P/N LTWFITTING Brass Pipe 6" Long Nipple Fitting 1/8 Male NPT (Pack of 5). Unit cost: $3.85

3. 1/4 Male x 1/8 Female Bushing Adapter. McMaster-Carr P/N 4638K351

I turned off the "flats" on the body of the Tire Chuck to give a little better "streamline" for putting it into the hole (whatever size you have) in the WP.

I am giving away my time for the lathe work & assembly. If anybody wants one for the materials cost + shipping - call it $15.00, just PM me and we can work out the details. I only made 8, and 3 have already gone out, but the vendor list & P/N's should be enough to get started on your own. The hard thing to find was the straight inflator tip - but Zero & Grainger solved that at a reasonable price.

I put mine on a flex hose, pistol grip style inflator, and like it for the ease & convenience of use. I do have another inflator that has a lever style "trigger" with a sliding pressure scale, which has the extension rigidly attached to the inflator body - I don't like it as well as the "flex" unit, but that's just me. To each his own.

YMMV - But this does work!

HFS

Attachments

• EZ-FLATE - Inflator .jpg
    EZ-FLATE - Inflator .jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 190
  • EZ-FLATE - CU.jpg
    EZ-FLATE - CU.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 165
Dave, I should have guessed this was your creation! Another simple solution to an ongoing problem with an offer to help out!

Happy New Year!

Wb

Sold Out - Sorry.

If you didn't get a PM back from me - you missed the "cut". Sorry.

But the P/N's listed should be enough to easily DIY your own.

Thank you for your interest - HFS

The problem with those, my opinion only, is that the back angled offset head can get in the way, depending on the size of the access hole - been there, done that. Not saying it won't work, just that the possibility of "interference" exists.

HFS

Back