What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Securing high temp silicone tubing.

John Courte

Well Known Member
Hi,

I'm getting my MAP sensor feed from a 1/8" barbed fitting just behind the throttle body on the Superior cold air sump. Somewhere I read that a good option for tubing is high temp fuel line like for RC aircraft. I have some, but what's the recommended way to secure this tubing? Tie wraps will pinch, adel clamps seem like overkill, and tape is a no no.

Thoughts?

You can also get spring clamps from an R/C supplier. Not sure about the suitability of the silicone tubing for the job...

Maybe a different fitting and a 1/8" copper or stainless line to the firewall and hose behind the firewall. A hose with fittings would be another option but it's getting expensive now.
If you were to use an appropriate hose for firewall forward, not RC silicone hose, you could probably secure it with a small hoseclamp to the barbed fitting. I'd definitely use a bulkhead fitting throught the firewall.

Will silicone RC model fuel line handle the vacuum without collapsing?

I've simply used thick-walled automotive rubber vacuum hose to connect MAP sensors (like used with Dynon) to a barb fitting on the engine.

Back