What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cowling installation tool

Has anyone used and would you recommend using the cowling installation tool that is sold by Flyboy Accessories?? I’m putting the James Aircraft cowling on my -14…..I assume it would work with this cowling.

Cowl Jig

I used the original built by the inventor. It's a PVC jig. Pretty awesome. I wrote an article for Kitplanes, but it hasn't published. He might send the specs to build your own from PVC. I can send you the article draft and his contact info. Shoot me an e-mail.
I may publish the articles to my blog because builders ask me for the drafts.

Has anyone used and would you recommend using the cowling installation tool that is sold by Flyboy Accessories?? I’m putting the James Aircraft cowling on my -14…..I assume it would work with this cowling.

I have the original cowl tool...PM'ed you.

I was one of the first to use the Flyboys Alignment tool nearly 4 years ago as my MT prop delivery was delayed. Using the dimensions provided by MT, I was able to cut and fit my cowling with excellent results. My understanding is that Blake has made some improvements on the original design. At the time the tool was available for outright purchase or 30 day rental.

Back