What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

It’s officially an airplane

David Lewis

Well Known Member
I got my airworthiness certificate on Monday. Dave Prizio (on the right) flew in from Chino to do the inspection. Thank you sir. And thank you to Doug and this site for all the information shared that got me through the project. Now looking forward to transition training and getting started with Phase 1.
0B60BCF8-6D62-4DA1-A898-62482FAD44B4.jpeg

Congrats! It's a great feeling - best of luck with the flight testing.

We’ll done, David!

Now get that a phase 1 done. The REAL fun begins :cool:

Phase 1 at KWJF

Thanks Rico. I’m looking for a short term space at KWJF to do Phase 1. A corner that a 7A can fit into is sufficient. I have a few leads, but nothing solid so far. Let me know if you have any contacts there I could make inquiries to.

I got my airworthiness certificate on Monday. Dave Prizio (on the right) flew in from Chino to do the inspection. Thank you sir. And thank you to Doug and this site for all the information shared that got me through the project. Now looking forward to transition training and getting started with Phase 1.
View attachment 15301

Congratulations David:) Enjoy!

Thanks

Thanks Walt. I hope to join you soon in the skies of SoCal. And I saw your new tug a couple of weeks ago . . . Very nice!

Repairman Certificate

Things continue to progress. I got my Repairman Certificate today. The process couldn’t have gone smoother. The Van Nuys FSDO staff is still working mostly from home, but contacting someone was easy and a meeting at the office was scheduled. The application and prep was all done online and via email. I walked in this morning, showed the inspector my builders log, answered a few questions, finished the paperwork and it was done. Now, onward to phase 1.

Back