What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Force Skyview to backup battery

Flying Canuck

Well Known Member
Patron
I think I know the answer to this - no - but maybe there's a way.

I'm just documenting my request to remove the VFR Only operating condition on my 9A with a Dynon Skyview HDX. In demonstrating that I have adequate electrical power in my single battery/alternator configuration, I'm looking at building a minimum electrical load sheet in case of alternator failure. Short of pulling the breaker (which I can't do, I have a VP-X with the HDX as EFIS which can't be turned off), is there any way to tell the HDX to stop using ship power and use the Skyview Backup Battery? I know that the backup battery doesn't cover everything on the Skyview network, but I can probably shed 2A or more which would give me a fair amount longer battery life.

Try this

I think I know the answer to this - no - but maybe there's a way.

I'm just documenting my request to remove the VFR Only operating condition on my 9A with a Dynon Skyview HDX. In demonstrating that I have adequate electrical power in my single battery/alternator configuration, I'm looking at building a minimum electrical load sheet in case of alternator failure. Short of pulling the breaker (which I can't do, I have a VP-X with the HDX as EFIS which can't be turned off), is there any way to tell the HDX to stop using ship power and use the Skyview Backup Battery? I know that the backup battery doesn't cover everything on the Skyview network, but I can probably shed 2A or more which would give me a fair amount longer battery life.

Claude,

With the master off, press and hold button 1 on the HDX until the screen powers up. The SkyView system will be powered from the backup battery. Do what you have to do then.

Now, if that does not work for you, email me and I will give you another way to do it.

Brian

Back