What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 seat cushions where to find?

jcarne

Well Known Member
Patron
Well I feel a little stupid for asking this but where does one get the foam for the RV-10 front seats? I don't see it offered on Van's or any of the other usual interior companies. What am I missing here?

Sorry if this has been asked before, just trying to get this figured out before starting another build. :)

My front seat foams came in the finishing kit

Roger. Just found some pics, it appears the front seats in a -10 are vastly different than other models. Thanks for answering my dumb question. More to come. :)

Roger. Just found some pics, it appears the front seats in a -10 are vastly different than other models. Thanks for answering my dumb question. More to come. :)
Much better to ask a dumb question, than do something stupid. Keep them coming :)

Per Vans info, the front seat cushions were engineered to provide crush space in case of a vertical impact. The pilot sits on top of the very rigid spar carry thru.

Pretty sure Vans gets those cushions from Oregon Aero, but unsure if they will sell them direct to the public. Would be surprised if Vans doesn't sell them outside of the finishing kit.

Larry

Thanks guys. Not looking to buy right now, just trying to get a handle on how much the build is going to cost. Luckily I have a pretty dang good idea now on what the little things are since I kept track of it all so well on my last build. :)

seats and beyond

Whatever you think its going to cost.. add 20% !!
there is a really good site for everything -10 (and -14) check out myrv10.com, Tim covers everything you should pass on from Vans and get elsewhere. It will help with your research. for what its worth I spent about 2 years doing what you did. It was time well spent!
Keep the dumb questions coming!

Thanks guys. Not looking to buy right now, just trying to get a handle on how much the build is going to cost. Luckily I have a pretty dang good idea now on what the little things are since I kept track of it all so well on my last build. :)

The frames and seat foam cores for the front seats come with the finish kit, but you need to send them to someplace to get them covered. The back seats are not included at all, and need to be purchased. The frames and cores are from Oregon Aero, but can be covered by other companies, if desired.

If you are trying to budget out costs, make sure you are sitting down before you find the number. Oregon Aero raised their prices last fall. As I recall, and I may be off by a bit, covering the front two seats and making the rear two seats is over $6000. Leather vs fabric will cost different amounts, and special embroidery or colored stitching will add more. But I was shocked how much the seats cost.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Got a handle on the seats now. I recently finished my -7A so I have a really good idea what goes into pricing a build now, just trying to spot differences. I kept an extremely accurate account of prices paid. Don’t tell my wife though. Haha

Back