What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The video showing the proper way to get into the RV-10

MFMarch

Some time back I saw a link to a video showing the proper way to get into an RV-10. I['ve been having a discussion with my wife about handles, etc. and would like to show her the video. Does anyone know where I saw it?

On YouTube look up “Flying the 10” by Charlie Derk. He’s made a series of videos including that one.

I dont know if I would call it the proper way, but it works. Most important thing is to NOT put your butt in the seat before both legs are in. If you do, its really difficult to get the other leg in.

YouTube channel below…

The only thing I do differently, is I grab the center post with my inside hand to help lower myself in and lift myself up when getting out. Using the rear edge of the door opening eliminates any need for an external handle on the cabin top.

It is difficult the first few times you do it, but after getting in and out a couple hundred times during construction it becomes second nature.

That does not work for a 5'2" lady! She cannot reach the door pillar and relies on a handle above the rear window. Also, children can only reach the handles, not the door pillar.

I am glad at almost 64 that I have been doing it all wrong but I am still an active Learjet pilot so I guess flexibility is a professional requirement.

Back