What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Not quite first flight

Scott Hersha

Well Known Member
Another RV is about to take flight at KHAO. Shawn Wheeler’s beautiful RV4. He passed his FSDO inspection yesterday, and is working through an unexpected issue with his SureFly Ignition Module. He will swap out a Slick tomorrow to see what happens, but he will soon figure it out and we’ll have another first flight report at our airport. If this airplane flys as good as it looks, and I know it wil, he’ll have a winner.

1BBDE3A4-6438-4D91-8EB5-858A054AF2B2.jpg

9839A737-8FD8-4B4E-BC52-1A1A7C4B0230.jpg

4BC788AB-7223-4DFD-A9A5-634484585E19.jpg

EAA Technical Counselor, Ray Parker assisting.

All three photos were taken with my camera (iPhone) oriented the same. What’s up with that??

Iphones store orientation data in a format that only apple devices can read. Other systems just pic a direction and go with when they don't have the orientation data.

Congrats to Sean are queued up. Another one (very soon) joins our flock here at HAO. I'm going to have to get stronger sunglasses when I stop down to visit!

Turns out, nothing wrong with the SureFly. It was the new ACS (home built) harnesses he bought from Spruce. He tried my old Slick harness, and it worked perfectly. He ordered 2 new Slick harnesses from Spruce (sending back BOTH home built harnesses), and will be flying his new RV4 soon…….. stay tuned.

If you modify the iphone pic ( crop, etc ) and save, it will end up right.

Attachments

• ff.jpg
    ff.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 209
Very cool 'slider' RV-4!

Since no one else has said it......Very nice slider canopy RV-4! I know thats a TOUGH mod👍👍👍

Back