What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flygarmin and ADSB

Bavafa

Well Known Member
I was using my IPAD today and noticed that I was not getting any traffic or weather on my IPAD with Garmin Pilot app connected to the G3X.

Is there another subscription needed to get ADSB info displayed on the IPAD or is this a configuration issue?

Edit, Sorry for the mistake in the subject line, I meant to say Garmin pilot app for IPAD.

Last edited:
My iPad connects through the GDL39 for ADS-B in information. Connect to the G3X (GDU460) to upload flight plans.

There is not another subscription. You have to connect the iPad via Bluetooth or Wifi to the ADSB-IN unit that is installed in the aircraft, or used as a mobile device (GDL, Stratos, etc.). This will not only give you ADSB-IN traffic and weather, but it will also give you a more accurate GPS position.

Managing these systems is complicated. It take a lot of reading and trial an error. The Garmin experimental guys are amazing with their patient advice and support. But, make sure you've read the manuals before you contact them.

Back