What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

JR Ready vs DMC crimp tool

Davea320

Well Known Member
Anyone have experience with these tools and how they compare. I’ve used the high quality DMC tool, but I’m installing an Advanced panel with the pre made harnesses and ACM. Hard to justify the more expensive DMC tool for the few pins I have to crimp, but don’t want to spend good $ on a crappy tool that makes crappy crimps. Any and all opinions welcome.

Thanks

Dave

Or if anyone has the DMC I can borrow/rent I’d appreciate that too.

Anyone have experience with these tools and how they compare. I’ve used the high quality DMC tool, but I’m installing an Advanced panel with the pre made harnesses and ACM. Hard to justify the more expensive DMC tool for the few pins I have to crimp, but don’t want to spend good $ on a crappy tool that makes crappy crimps. Any and all opinions welcome.

Thanks

Dave

Or if anyone has the DMC I can borrow/rent I’d appreciate that too.

Dave, I can not speak to the quality of the crimper, but the positioners were the same quality as the DMC. Now . . .I bought a set (12) when they were first being offered and the prices were lower. Later, I looked at the JR crimper price they had increased, hardly worth the risk tradeoff vs a good used DMC IMO/YMMV.

The price of new DMC positioners can easily exceed the price of the tool.

Hope this helps.

Back