What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mini DB15 needed for GRT Mini-x

CATPart

Well Known Member
I bought a used mini-x and need a Mini DB15 for it. Can someone point me toward the right thing to buy? I do not have the unit yet so don't know what it even looks like from the back side (why no pics on your website GRT??)
Thanks!

I do not have the unit yet so don't know what it even looks like from the back side (why no pics on your website GRT??)
Thanks!

Uh, it took me all of two minutes on the GRT web site to find a drawing of the backside. It shows a connector labeled DB-15, male.

just go to digi-key and search. The mini 15 is the same form factor as a DB-9, so just buy the shell for that. Can't remember if the mini 15 uses standard or high density pins, but believe the latter. Digi-key should have recommended pins on the page.

Larry

Uh, it took me all of two minutes on the GRT web site to find a drawing of the backside. It shows a connector labeled DB-15, male.

Well thank you for your effort. Many people anyway relate the term "pic" with "photo". I also had found a "drawing", that said DB15, thus DB15 is in the title of the thread. A drawing however is not a picture, like taken with a camera, showing a socket or a connector. Why no pics on your website GRT?

The install manual pin-out chart has a column labeled "mini DB15" which made me think,"smaller than normal" like "mini USB".

Looking back at the drawing which you forced me to look at again ;), the DB15 does not look smaller than normal. I think now the pinout chart simply meant "the DB15 on the mini-x". If they were telling me the pin-out for the mini's usb port the column probably would have read "mini mini usb".

Can't remember if the mini 15 uses standard or high density pins, but believe the latter. Digi-key should have recommended pins on the page.

It does use high density pins; Digi-Key will have a cross-reference for them.

Thanks all, I just ordered this thing, yes 2 rows on the mini-x
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BXZ8YT8/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A2Y9NMMKUNFUFH&th=1

attachment.php

Attachments

• db15-amazon.JPG
    db15-amazon.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 88
Back