What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any vans in the Kankakee Area?

YvesCH

Well Known Member
Hi guys,
I am currently working in Kankakee and was wondering if someone has a RV in KIKK or close (south of Chicago) or is building in the area? Would be cool to meet a fellow RV-tor.
Cheers Yves

Kankakee

Gosh, I was born and raised in little Kankakee. Escaped the winters and now enjoy flying my RV-9A in sunny (and warm) Phoenix. Good luck with your search.

I have a 6 and a 10 in Schaumburg, but not what I would call close to Kankakee.

Well I should have checked it earlier…
As I did not find anyone with a Vans I thought I rent a Piper or Cessna in the area. But after visiting 3 airports and calling most flightschools around Chicago I gave up. They are all fully booked or need 3-5days to schedule something. Eventhough I have a US license based on my swiss license and only wanted to fly an hour (with a instructor).
Well I assume I have to plan this better for the future. But as I am every 6 months here for work I will semd you a message next time :)

Cheers Yves

Yves:

I fly out of Morris Municipal Airport (C09) about 30 miles NW of Kankakee. Our EAA Chapter is having an Ice Cream Social at the airport tomorrow night (7/15) at 6:30 pm to kick off OshKosh. We have a number of RV's on the field, and you're welcome to stop by if you would like.

Glenn Vokac
RV-8 repeat offender

Hi Glenn,
thank you so much but unfortunately I am altrady at O‘Hare waiting for my return flight. But maybe I contact you in the future as I am in the area mostly every 6 months.
All the best and enjoy the icecream (if weather permits)

Cheers Yves

RVs at Morris

Hello, several RV builders at Morris,IL C09 airport. Lindy Award winners too. Great group of aviators and great builder resources.

Back