What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

R3 BBQ/Race Party

guccidude1

Well Known Member
Friend
As usual, time flies when you're having fun. I've been having so much fun lately that I have almost forgot to get the R3 Race Party sign up going. So....... here she goes. As usual , Greg Arehart and I throw a little party at my hangar on Saturday night , after the last race jet lands. This year it happens on Sat, 16 Sep. The rules are to be invited to our hamburger/hot dog BBQ are; you must be flying a RV, building, a RV, or know someone who is flying or building a RV. I think I will expand that rigorous list of attendance requirements to include those who are really, really, thinking hard about buying a RV or building a RV. And as usual, I don't remember how to post a Google Earth picture of the location of my hangar, hopefully the good guy who has done it every year will do it again. Thanks in advance. If you haven't heard, there is scheduled to be 133 race aircraft this year, a bunch of highly modified RVs and 18 Unlimiteds. Should be a full week of high test fuel fumes in the air. For a head count, please reply to this post with who and the total number of people with you. I think the RV line is going to be across from my hangar row, the same as last year. Dan from Reno

I'll be in for sure - bringing two other gearheads with me. I've been parking my 9A at KCXP the last couple years, is there a better place? I won't be flying in until Thursday, so by that point Stead is pretty much already locked down, and KRNO is just so blasted busy with the biz-jets nobody wants to mess with the little guy.

Airguy

CXP is about it South. O02 West, and N58 North. Carson has services and rental cars, Narvino has services but no transport, and Tiger Field has nothing but a fair-to-meddlin' runway. The choices are limited. There is Truckee, full services, but a little far away. Also if you leave your airplane parked there for very long, you may get a property tax bill mailed to your out-of-state address. Dan from Reno

Cool

I'd like to try and come. Will be flying in a CT-155 Hawk on static display. Myself + 1

Last edited:
Laura and I, plus six or so friends.

As always, thanks for hosting this wonderful event.

Deb and I will be there... almost lost the battle of Kaaboo(happening here in Del Mar) and Reno.. found a compromise. Get to so the Red Hot Cilli Peppers Friday night then catch an early flight up to Reno Sat morning.. win win.

Just need to know where.:D

N669SN

Stephanie and I would be honored to attend your gala affair. Please add 2 tube steaks and 2 ground steaks. We assume the dress is Air Race formal. Thank you Dan.

+3

John and I plus 1 are looking forward to the bbq again this year. We are flying the RV4 and RV6 from Canada .Thx again for hosting!

Me. Hopefully my hangar neighbor with his now-white P-51 Mustang will be racing in the unlimited gold class again this year.

Is this near the grounds of the air race? We are going to the air races for the first time for just Saturday.

The BBQ is so near the race grounds, that we have to wait until the last jet lands before we can get to the hangar to start cooking. Whoever normally posts the Google Earth map showing the location of my hangar, please do it again, thanks. Dan from Reno

Whoever normally posts the Google Earth map showing the location of my hangar, please do it again, thanks. Dan from Reno

That would be me, but seeing as we are temporarily living in our motorhome, and do not a real computer at the moment, I am unable post it using just an ipad........

How about this Mike?

IMG_0054.jpg

Add 2 to the count, please.

Mary and I plan to be there.

Please let me know what we can do to help.

Air Race Formal - That means coat and tie, no pants - Right?

Cheers, David
RV-6A KBTF

Guys: Thanks for the photo of the BBQ hut. It was a great hand off, one sent it , one posted it, thanks Mike and Paul. Just as a side note, I was checking out the cheapest beer at Walmart today, looks like the winner may be Keystone Lite, 12 bucks for 30 cans. Ain't it great to have no taste. Dan from Reno

2 coming from Phoenix

Dan, two first-timers flying up in my 9A. Would love to attend.

All the best,

Mike McCann
Phoenix,AZ
RV-9A

Meeting

Dan,

Had SteinAir and Flyboy Accessories package sent to you. See you Sat night. I'll be in Canadian flight suit with American beer.

Steve

As usual, time flies when you're having fun. I've been having so much fun lately that I have almost forgot to get the R3 Race Party sign up going. So....... here she goes. As usual , Greg Arehart and I throw a little party at my hangar on Saturday night , after the last race jet lands. This year it happens on Sat, 16 Sep. The rules are to be invited to our hamburger/hot dog BBQ are; you must be flying a RV, building, a RV, or know someone who is flying or building a RV. I think I will expand that rigorous list of attendance requirements to include those who are really, really, thinking hard about buying a RV or building a RV. And as usual, I don't remember how to post a Google Earth picture of the location of my hangar, hopefully the good guy who has done it every year will do it again. Thanks in advance. If you haven't heard, there is scheduled to be 133 race aircraft this year, a bunch of highly modified RVs and 18 Unlimiteds. Should be a full week of high test fuel fumes in the air. For a head count, please reply to this post with who and the total number of people with you. I think the RV line is going to be across from my hangar row, the same as last year. Dan from Reno

Add two more please

Sorry for the late notice, the smoke is clearing enough that I think I'll be able to get out of here and make to the races.
So Bob Kuykendall and me (Steve Smith) will be there.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Eats etc

Myself and my husband Skip would like to stop in. We plan to park our RV6 at TRK since we've done the other two before. We will also have a rental car from Friday to Monday so if anyone needs a ride we have wheels. We'll be lodging at El Dorado.
Cathy & Skip

Back