What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engineering Humor

funny guys

written by an extroverted engineer. defined as: he looks at your shoes... not his own.

Care to share the quote for those of us without an RV12 manual? Given that I am also an engineer I'd like another chance to laugh at myself.

From 23-03

28w2dmh.jpg

John Salak
RV-12 N896HS

Someone on a mini-machining forum that I'm on made reference to their 6" metric ruler. Is this kind of like that? ;)

Jim

calibration

I dipped my metric crescent handle in plasti-dip. Should have been an artist... not a pilot.

Humor

That was it, asking for a metric cresent wrench. I was only used to SAE tools but that picture of a metric cresent wrench makes me rethink myself. I guess they do make them, but Van's planes really do not use metric tools. So I thought it was an Engineerinf joke.

Allan -- change your profile -- you are a proud Floridian

Let everyone know you are at KPGD --- They may want to stop by and see your terrific RV-8A and the -12 you are building.

Take care,

Ron

According to the Ave channel on youtube, which I highly recommend, that is not a crescent wrench. It is a thumb activated nut ***ker.

Back