What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fastest warranty replacement @ Bogert Aviation

swisseagle

Well Known Member
I have to mention this because you do not often see this these days:

My Bogi-Bar had an issue, so I contacted the manufacturer by email and asked for help on how to repair/replace it ... What came back was a request for a foto, the exact type I'm using, and a valid shipping address.

They have a lifetime warranty on their products, which I was not aware of. This is one thing, the other thing is, they REALLY act according to this, so clean and straightforward, just great!

After 3 days I got the replacement delivered ... to the other side of the Atlantic! It was so quick and helped a lot, due to the reason I was within a partial upgrade on the plane. So moving it around in the hangar was a must, and without a Bogi-Bar difficult.

I just highly recommend their product, even if it failed first. With such a great service, still, the product that I would buy and recommend right away!

I TOO.

I also had the same results. My bar had a crack where the two side-bars are welded to the pulling/handle tube.
On the new unit, I've found that I should not open the bar to the full width with the handle. Now, I use only enough pressure to open the bar sufficient to pass over the wheel pant and let go to capture the lugs.
This takes a bit of learning to handle the unit, but I believe if a user opens the bar to the full width with the handle they will break the unit in a short period (relative to the possible full-life of the device).

I second the praise for Bogert's Warranty and rapid response.

I'm now trying to configure a "stop" in the handle mechanism to prevent full opening while gaining just enough gap to pass over the wheel pant.

Excellent Customer Service - Bogert Aviation

My faithful Bogert tow bar for my RV-8 developed a crack while at Oshkosh. I called Bogert's customer service they simply asked for a picture of the crack, type of aircraft it was used on and a shipping address. Within an hour they had a new tow bar on its way to me.

This is an excellent example of a company standing behind its made in the USA product!

So why is Bogi-Bar susceptible to cracking when opened fully? I don't recall seeing any precautions in their use. It seems like if this a known issue, Bogert should be able to come up with a fix.

BTW, I have 3 of them and love'em. No issues so far.

George

Me too!

After 10 years of use, my hangar Bogi-bar cracked at the wishbone bends. Called them, sent a picture, received a brand new tow bar shortly thereafter!

I don't think I've ever had a product that was guaranteed forever even against normal wear & tear, except this one!

Back