What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A Bit of a Milestone…..

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
It’s hard to believe that an airplane I built in my garage almost fifteen years ago now has over 2,000 hours on the clock! Through heat and cold, all sorts of weather, all sorts of terrain, and all sorts of trips - the Valkyrie has been (and continues to be) an amazing machine!

https://www.kitplanes.com/the-valkyries-song/

(Younger brother Tsamsiyu has about 780 last time I checked, and the venerable and scrappy RV-6 we call Mikey is laughing at a mere 2,000 - he’s up over 4,000 now!)

Paul

Congrats Paul! The 2k hr club (from your own hands) really does feel like something doesn't it.

Tanya just keeps laying down the hours, and I keep being in search of what is about to fail (not an option). In fact, I think she is about to launch right about now for another .5 or so as the sun goes down.

Last edited:
It’s hard to believe that an airplane I built in my garage almost fifteen years ago now has over 2,000 hours on the clock!

Man, now I feel old; so it's been 16-ish years since Val was in your garage shop and Jim K and I stopped in to see just how in the heck you drill the gear legs to the lower longerons... time flies!

I'm still behind you on the Hobbs meter, just past 1800 hours now on my -8; it's a keeper.

Man, now I feel old; so it's been 16-ish years since Val was in your garage shop and Jim K and I stopped in to see just how in the heck you drill the gear legs to the lower longerons... time flies!

I'm still behind you on the Hobbs meter, just past 1800 hours now on my -8; it's a keeper.

Yeah, I remember that visit….time does fly, doesn’t it! You’re doing great at 1800 hours yourself!

Paul

Paul, congrats on a major milestone! We're glad to have been along for the ride.
Be safe my friend, see you at Osh
Tom

Congratulations, Paul. That is quite an accomplishment… not just for Val but also for Tsam, Mikey and the others. Your hangar has quite the variety. :)

Back