What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Matco brake disc

Handclutch

Well Known Member
Does anybody have the part number for the brake discs? I have a number for the reline kit, but can't find one for the disc.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

The Matco rotor part number is WHLD164-017, if that’s what you want. I’ve purchased a pair for backup.

And while you’re at it, you might want to invest in a few extra axle nut cotter pins - MSC.11X2

Last edited:
Disc also

Last year I replaced my discs from Matco and had an issue with one of the Allen button head fasteners (3) that secure the disc to the wheel. I found out from Matco they changed the fasteners to a Torex type. And the Torex bit was special too, and I was able to order the bit from them.
I was able to find the Torex size needed locally at Depo, Lowe’s, or Ace but not the special one Matco suggested.
Sorry I don’t have the details in front of me of the Torex size or special designation but I’m recalling the information from a year ago. Give them a call. Support has always been good for me with Matco.

One disadvantage I can think of. If the Torx bit is not easily available in stores and you have a flat to repair somewhere, then you best have the bit with you in your on-board tool kit.

If your cotter pin is experiencing enough force to cause it to fail you should review your maintenance practices. 18 cents isn’t the issue. Convenience and quick turnaround is.

Last year I replaced my discs from Matco and had an issue with one of the Allen button head fasteners (3) that secure the disc to the wheel. I found out from Matco they changed the fasteners to a Torex type. And the Torex bit was special too, and I was able to order the bit from them.
I was able to find the Torex size needed locally at Depo, Lowe’s, or Ace but not the special one Matco suggested.
Sorry I don’t have the details in front of me of the Torex size or special designation but I’m recalling the information from a year ago. Give them a call. Support has always been good for me with Matco.

The Torx size is T27, a 5/32 allen wrench also fits.

Back