What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Prices

$4.10 for SS at KANE, Anoka County in the northern suburbs of Minneapolis. A very good price considering it is a fairly large, towered airport.

I use airnav.com for all cross countries, and load 100LL into the AnywhereMap for additional information. The more we patronize the price leaders, the better for all of us. I never paid more than $4.26 on a recent trip to FL and back.

So sad it's funny!

KSBA Santa Barbara, CA
Signature $7.06
Atlantic Aviation $5.99

KLPC Lompoc, CA (38 miles) $4.25
KSZP Santa Paula, CA (44 miles) $4.34

John Clark
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

I filled up twice this weekend.
$3.99 at Buffalo KCFE
$3.96 at Glencoe KGYL

Both are west of the twin cities.

Paul Danclovic
RV-8A
Carver Minnesota

Kansas City Area

High of $6.47 :eek: for full service at the downtown airport (KMKC) to a low of 3.95 for self-serv at Harrisonville, MO (KLRY).

Our home field here at Lees Summit (KLXT) is $4.52 for self-serv.

A nice pit stop just south of KC (and outside the Class B) is Miami County (K81, near Paola, KS); restaurant on the field (We B Smokin' BBQ) serves a great breakfast or lunch and self-serv is $3.99.

Lakeland, FL Home of SnF just raised it's prices to $5.25. Nice

Fuel up before or after SNF.
KZPH 4.25 SS, just north of Lakeland
X35, 4.33 SS, 60+ nm north of Lakeland

For those of you who are running 93UL, Sunoco is selling at 3.45.
Brooksville, FL

Last edited:
In Norway...

Hi.

I'm not trying to highjack the tread, just want the tell you this:
In Norway, it's about 10 (yes; TEN!) USD/gls.... sigh... and the price is still climbing.....

Maybe I schould move over to the US when I retire and have fun with my RV there?? ;-)

Last edited:
I almost hate to let this one out....Winnie, TX - $3.47 - been that way since November!

I can do better

91 (non ETOH) octane mogas in Lebananon oregon...from their new installed tank (Oregon road fuel is now all 10% ETOH) 3.37.

No hauling gas cans either!

Frank

Still cheaper than Starbucks

KBTF - $4.40 Salt Lake City, UT

Still cheaper than my Starbucks at $32/gallon
Except I drink 16 oz/day not 13 gallons/hour.

I almost hate to let this one out....Winnie, TX - $3.47 - been that way since November!

Gotta find a tanker to fly down and clean them out. Hey, Bernie's Bonanza holds something like 108 gallons. Of course, it'll burn most of that getting back...

Up around Tahoe

$4.35 at home plate, 4SD (Stead...just went up, was under $4), $5.40-6.10 a few miles away at RNO. If you're skiing, Truckee is at $4.47.

Gotta love those TX prices! :)

Cheers from the Sierras!
Bob

I've finally switched over to a 50/50 mix of 100LL and 91 Mogas to save some money. Seems to work fine, just doesn't smell right. 100LL was $6.55 per US gallon here last week. Premium Mogas is a "good deal" at only $5.25 but I hate hauling it out to the airport. :(

I've pulled back the power a bit in cruise these days too, 25/4600 gives 135-140 knots TAS.

I'm starting to think the RV10 was not the best thing to build now.

My way of dealing with this is just not to look at the credit card slip any more. Fill 'er up and enjoy the flight.

I've finally switched over to a 50/50 mix of 100LL and 91 Mogas to save some money. Seems to work fine, just doesn't smell right. 100LL was $6.55 per US gallon here last week. Premium Mogas is a "good deal" at only $5.25 but I hate hauling it out to the airport. :(

I've pulled back the power a bit in cruise these days too, 25/4600 gives 135-140 knots TAS.

I'm starting to think the RV10 was not the best thing to build now.

My way of dealing with this is just not to look at the credit card slip any more. Fill 'er up and enjoy the flight.

No doubt fuel prices are painful these days, but the way I look at it is that if I could afford $10k/yr to build the airplane, I can afford $2500/yr to put fuel in it for the 70-80 hours I fly.

At least that's the way I rationalize it.

No doubt fuel prices are painful these days, but the way I look at it is that if I could afford $10k/yr to build the airplane, I can afford $2500/yr to put fuel in it for the 70-80 hours I fly.

At least that's the way I rationalize it.

Amen to that Kyle. I have gotten to the point where I just look away when I swipe my card at the SS pump. I could be spending it on booze and wild women.

Well, at least the booze.....:eek:

Back