What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Adel Clamp - Sort of

vomatic

Does anyone know of an adel clamp that is rotated 90 degrees? I'm looking for a clamp to hold a wire or hose so it can go through a lightening hole. I know I've seen them on a plane, but can't find them anywhere. Did maybe someone take a regular adel clamp and just rotate (i.e. bend) the feet 90 degrees?

I appreciate the help.

Maybe try using two Adel clamps together, stacked at their feet, with one rotated 90 degrees to the other

Erich

A small piece of angle riveted next to the hole is all you need.

The adel clamp will mount to the angle.

Or you could rivet a flat piece of aluminum extending out into the lightening hole and install a snap bushing in it . Lighter than Adel Clamp.

Thanks everyone. I like these I ideas. I'm going to check out the clamps on Amazon and see if those work.

You could put an Adel clamp on the edge of the hole, run your cable across the outside of it, and put a tie-wrap around the cable and through the Adel clamp. If you're going to do this, an Adel clamp is probably overkill though. A plastic cable clamp (which is shaped just like an Adel) would do instead.

I’ve done all three. Depending on how critical or bulky etc.
I’m sure Vans now uses the panduit clips in the RV14 as well.
I’m not sure what they call them.

DFE26190-32F4-42A6-9A13-9A0963D156CF.jpg

96211181-BC28-41E6-9E72-87E64DD3C0DA.jpg

Attachments

• DACF40C2-66AA-42A8-AF33-E29ADD9547EF.jpg
    DACF40C2-66AA-42A8-AF33-E29ADD9547EF.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Nice design!

I’ve done all three. Depending on how critical or bulky etc.
I’m sure Vans now uses the panduit clips in the RV14 as well.
I’m not sure what they call them.

:D I like the way you did the angle, it has two rivets preventing rotation, and long enough to allow a nut-plate to allow use of the second hand to seduce the adel.

BTW, I like using a bandsaw and brake to make my own .025" angle then cutting to length. They become very light. Yours are nice and compact.

How did you set the rivets in that small space? Pull-rivets from the clear side?

:D I like the way you did the angle, it has two rivets preventing rotation, and long enough to allow a nut-plate to allow use of the second hand to seduce the adel.

BTW, I like using a bandsaw and brake to make my own .025" angle then cutting to length. They become very light. Yours are nice and compact.

How did you set the rivets in that small space? Pull-rivets from the clear side?

Thanks Bill
Yes they are leftover 025 stiffeners. I’ve also been known to trim the curve off leftover J channel as well. I have a short vice brake too which I’ve used. Whatever is closest and easiest usually.
Riveting the angles is 50/50. If I can get a squeezer in there with the longeron yoke I’ll use an AD4 rivet otherwise blind.

Back