What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTR200 Issue while in IMC

Trooper11040

Well Known Member
So today flying an IFR flight plan, I was talking with Harrisburg Approach. They switched me to Philly and my entire transition with Philly and Atlantic City was not heard by them. I could hear them fine, the screen showed transmitting, but they couldn’t hear me. It’s a brand new VHF antenna installed in July and has been working fine. Anything I should check?

Precipitation static? Does your plane have static wicks?
Precipitation static is a receive issue, not transmit (and also rare).

As far as a cause, more information is needed:
- New problem?
- Always a problem or intermittent?
- Problem exists on the ground?
- Any recent changes?
- Try a different headset?

Carl

Precipitation static is a receive issue, not transmit (and also rare).

As far as a cause, more information is needed:
- New problem?
- Always a problem or intermittent?
- Problem exists on the ground?
- Any recent changes?
- Try a different headset?

Carl

So I just installed all new avionics in July. I installed a new VHF antenna as part of that install. I have flown the plane probably 20 hours since the install and have had no issues except this flight yesterday and a flight last week where approach couldn’t hear me at like 2000 feet. That’s been it though. I’ve not tried a new headset but will…when I pulled into the airport, a guy with an 8 said he heard me with no problem when I was coming in

Carefully trace out the wire from the mike thru switches/audio panel/etc to the transmitter. I’ll bet there’s an intermittent connection somewhere, and likely at the jack.

Back