What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TruTrak to Garmin Servos

Auburntsts

Well Known Member
When I upgrade from my current non-touch G3X system to a touch G3X system, I’m also contemplating pulling out my 2-axis TruTrak GX Pilot autopilot (control head and servos) and installing Garmin servos. My question for anyone who has swapped servos is are any of the TruTrak brackets reusable or does everything TruTrak get pulled and replaced with like Garmin hardware ?

Todd, I had (and sold) a pair of TT servos and brackets. The Brand G servos that went back in their place used different bracketry.

These were on the -10.

I've just replaced Trutrak Vizion servos with Garmin GSA 28's.

Astonishingly, although the brackets look different, the holes line up, and yield roughly equivalent geometry. I kept the old brackets in place, which saved a heap of messing around.

I'd suggest trial-fitting your replacement before you dismantle the bracket mounts.

- mark

I've just replaced Trutrak Vizion servos with Garmin GSA 28's.

Astonishingly, although the brackets look different, the holes line up, and yield roughly equivalent geometry. I kept the old brackets in place, which saved a heap of messing around.

I'd suggest trial-fitting your replacement before you dismantle the bracket mounts.

- mark

Intersting...I had to replace the diagonal bracket in the roll servo with Garmin bracket. The holes matched but the bracket interfered with the servo.

I'd be willing to bet that the likelihood of a bracket being reusable between servo brands is highly dependent on the RV model. Sounds like that for the RV-10, the brackets aren't reusable.

I'd be willing to bet that the likelihood of a bracket being reusable between servo brands is highly dependent on the RV model. Sounds like that for the RV-10, the brackets aren't reusable.

You re correct RV10. For some reason, I forget that not all RVs are alike!

Back